• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Goes to show yet again NG isn't the militia spoken of by the founders.
    Hasn't been since we've been used and deployed in foriegn wars for years .
    The current official National Guard organization, set up in WWI time frame, always was primarily a federal reserve force, with the option to be used by the state when the feds aren’t busy with it. I suspect that’s one reason Texas, like several other states, also set up a separate State Guard, but the ”armed response” part of that has weathered over the years. Should probably change that.

The President can call up and deploy the NG regardless of the Governor’s wishes - that was settled by the supreme court decades ago - but I don’t know what happens if the National Guard has already been deployed on state doing duty.

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Makes sense. I moved to Indiana from Illinois due to politics. (And given what Illinois has done in the last year, I got out just in time!) People are more likely to move to places where they feel welcome than to places where they feel prosecuted.
    I moved here from Illinois also in 2014
    Spent the first 50 years of my life in Illinois and the best 10 (so far) in Indiana

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Of course he couldn’t be a leader. He had to wait until loys of his buddies went first.

He’s like the dude at the range that has no idea what he’s doing so he has to watch what others are doing and mimic them.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

No word from Senator Young (IN-RINO) on where he stands on the issue. :xmad:
    The Capital Chronicle broke the story? Well they were covering the HB 1084 hearing the other day. I recognized the REALLY young reporter from a hearing last year.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

No word from Senator Young (IN-RINO) on where he stands on the issue. :xmad:
    U.S. Sen. Mike Braun said “under Joe Biden’s disastrous administration, every state is a border state. Governors around the country are standing with @GovAbbott – as your Governor, I would leave no doubt that we stand with Texas to keep Hoosiers safe from Biden’s broken border.”

Braun for Governor.

Top Bottom