• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My family was about one holler over from Breathitt in Magoffin. In fact, we still own a plot of land in Breathitt. I remember that family attitudes on someone needing shot was quite a bit different down there back in the day.

I have actually heard grandma use the phrase "He just needed killin' " as a defense for someone in the neighborhood getting dead as she used to put it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember hearing of a guy getting shot for sleeping with another man's wife. As I recall there wasn't much, if any, punishment. Some people need killin'.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have actually heard grandma use the phrase "He just needed killin' " as a defense for someone in the neighborhood getting dead as she used to put it.

Yep...A "Killin'" and a "murder" are two different things..Before my Great Aunt died she told the family the real reason her father, my great grandfather, had to move from Grayson County to Muhlenberg County was NOT because "the ground was so poor 40 men couldn't raise Hell on an acre"as we had all been told all of our lives....

There had been a killin'...But she was quick to point out it wasn't a "murder"...Just a "killin'"...

If you all have not read "Hillbilly Elegy" you should...he relates an actual headline from not long ago in Moorehead, Ky...

"Man suspected of raping 14 year old girl found dead in Cave Run Lake...There were 14 bullet holes in his corpse..Police suspect there may be foul play..."

Needless to say no investigation followed....

First ten minutes of interview is pretty good...

[video=youtube;wVvuTKWzOcs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvuTKWzOcs&t=275s[/video]

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    OK, I open this thread, see 16 pages. Go right to the last page. Dang it guys! Had to go back thru 15 pages to see all the beavage. Not cool. Well***,, pretty cool.

Top Bottom