• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Meh! Around here, it's the drugs that the zombies themselves cook that is ruining society. Use the big weapons to SECURE the border. If we can stop the invasion of our country first, we can deal with the meth heads later.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    What is the end game of this move? Isn't it more cat and mouse at the expense of the middle class?

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    That's how I'm looking at it, although I see the danger in it, too, as BillB pointed out. However, I'd see more danger if we saw an erosion of our 2A rights. Unfortunately, when you go up against the drug operations, heavier armament is required. I'm also actually more comfortable with a state doing this than the Feds, although I do think it is their failure to do their job that is behind this move.

^^this^^

I agree. I prefer seeing the state do it too, if for no other reason than the government doesn't have a direct hand in it to oversee the initiative to death or take the teeth out of it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    OK, I'll give you that much. The 240's are a new thing...

The PBRs I remember them running had M-60's and Dual Ma Deuces... :popcorn:

I would have guessed M-60s, maybe even M-60Ds, but I would have thought M2s would be a bit excessive even for Texans (but maybe not). I'm almost surprised they aren't mounting GE mini-guns. Now THERE would be some good old-fashioned intimidation.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would have guessed M-60s, maybe even M-60Ds, but I would have thought M2s would be a bit excessive even for Texans (but maybe not). I'm almost surprised they aren't mounting GE mini-guns. Now THERE would be some good old-fashioned intimidation.

I'm seeing two things after reading that comment. Gandolf firing tracer laden mini-gun burst, followed by "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!". :D

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Believe it or not the Rangers take incursions into their charge quite seriously, unlike the Border Patrol...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Believe it or not the Rangers take incursions into their charge quite seriously, unlike the Border Patrol...

I've been stationed in Texas once and lived there again for seven years after I got off Active Duty. I know quite well how Texas views their southern border.:):

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I've been stationed in Texas once and lived there again for seven years after I got off Active Duty. I know quite well how Texas views their southern border.:):

Is this to say that the Texans can't make the invaders religious but can make them holey? :):

Top Bottom