• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I've been living in Thailand for a while now, and have seen some interesting things. I thought that I should make a thread showing some of the weird things I happen run into throughout my day. I will update this thread frequently with more strange pictures.

Temple collection to cremate unidentified bodies. They were burning some people on a pile of charcoal at the time this pic was taken.

A vendor on the river near my apartment selling strange meat. They also had tubs of live eels and various fish.

But, you simply have to get on a boat and head South to make enduring all of these strange things worthwhile.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My local Thai restaurant has been holding out on me. Not once have they offered me some crocodile penis... I may have to talk to waitress about that.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My local Thai restaurant has been holding out on me. Not once have they offered me some crocodile penis... I may have to talk to waitress about that.

Be careful how you approach it:

You: ma'am, do you serve alligator penis?
    Her: sir, we serve everyone here

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    When I was active duty went to Pattaya, Thailand twice. Have no desire to ever go back. If I had a chance to see more of Thailand I might have a different view of the country.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    When I was active duty went to Pattaya, Thailand twice. Have no desire to ever go back. If I had a chance to see more of Thailand I might have a different view of the country.

Pattaya is a filthy city with a nasty beach. It is filled with Russian mobsters and sex tourists.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Interesting so no one wears shoes there? Are you in the navy? I'm full of questions but have no answers

People wear footwear as little as possible. No, I'm not in the Navy. Although the Thai Navy has an aircraft carrier, they have no airplanes on it. The biggest Navy ships I have seen are old PBR's and SWIFT boats. I'm a government officer at a university.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Pattaya is a filthy city with a nasty beach. It is filled with Russian mobsters and sex tourists.

Bingo! Only it was Australian Mobsters when I was there some years ago. Lots of Australian mobsters.

Used to set in the bars and watch the medical waste wash up on the beach.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    That's a good price on crocodile penis actually.

Maybe it is a good price. But the most important part is in how you prepare it.

In my opinion, crocodile penis should be marinated overnight, boiled for 30 minutes, then barbequed slowly on low heat with mesquite for 60 minutes. Removed, ground to a paste in a food processor
    then flushed down the toilet.

Top Bottom