The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is simply mesmerizing...

How about Olivia?

qhHHXkt.gif

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    $1000 - is that "crumbs" or "a crumb" to the wicked ***** of the west

The $1000 bonus will only be paid to employees with more than 20 years of uninterrupted full-time employment...so, in practice, management only.To be eligible for the minimum bonus (a one-time payment of $75) an employee must have two uninterrupted years at full-time.

The majority of Lowe’s employees are part-time, and will see nothing on bonus day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The $1000 bonus will only be paid to employees with more than 20 years of uninterrupted full-time employment...so, in practice, management only.To be eligible for the minimum bonus (a one-time payment of $75) an employee must have two uninterrupted years at full-time.

The majority of Lowe’s employees are part-time, and will see nothing on bonus day.

Not that Fox News wouldn't embellish a story but that's certainly not the way that article reads. Do you have a link with info in it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump just can't help himself...

...my only question is, even if if were true (and it's not) "why is this newsworthy?" The Narcissist In Chief seems to be living in a world without facts.

I think if your complaint is about newsworthyness, what do facts have to do with it when you've already excluded if it's true or not. Of course it matters if it's true if you're going to say he lives in a world without facts.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not that Fox News wouldn't embellish a story but that's certainly not the way that article reads. Do you have a link with info in it?

I based my comment on this morning’s NPR segment on Morning Edition. They were reporting a sliding scale that excludes part-time workers.

CNBC is reporting that it will be a sliding scale, but part-time employees will also be included. Definitely better than I first believed...though most employees will still end up with far less than the $1000 figure getting thrown around.

LINK: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/01/lowes-bonuses-heres-what-employees-will-receive.html

This is why there is a crisis of trust in the media...even NPR rushes to press before verifying the story. Ugh.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I based my comment on this morning’s NPR segment on Morning Edition. They were reporting a sliding scale that excludes part-time workers.

CNBC is reporting that it will be a sliding scale, but part-time employees will also be included. Definitely better than I first believed...though most employees will still end up with far less than the $1000 figure getting thrown around.

LINK: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/01/lowes-bonuses-heres-what-employees-will-receive.html

This is why there is a crisis of trust in the media...even NPR rushes to press before verifying the story. Ugh.

That plan in that article seems reasonable. The Fox article was really a brief article but how hard is it to include the words "up to..." and "based on years with the company (or seniority)" etc.

I'll admit when I saw $1000 x 260,000 people, I thought that must be more lucrative of a tax cut than I realized for a company to hand out a quarter billion dollars.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

this is why i have said.....Trump could cure cancer and would never get credit for it from the MSM....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You say that like you think NPR is less partisan than other MSMBS sources. They are not, their presentation is just more couth

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I’ve got to put on my economist’s hat for a moment.
    Clearly, Trump is the master promoter. We are all talking about a one time pittance that is being paid out by an extremely small number of companies.
    This isn’t massive hiring (as we were promised).
    It’s a publicity seeking effort to get some of the gigantic retained earnings off the books of some very profitable companies.

From an economic standpoint, the Obama tax cut was far more effective at economic stimulus and reached 95% of American wage earners.
    Interesting article here:
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty impressive considering the non-stop, relentless, scorched earth policy so many have raged against Trump since his election. It really is "the economy, stupid".

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The Trump economy, whether solely the result of his actions or not, IS impressive. However, he has changed the political game. When Clinton said "It's the economy stupid," he was right, then. Then, that would have ensured overwhelming public support. We don't see that with Trump. More importantly, we won't see that with Trump. That's not to say he won't be reelected, he might. But there will always be those, with myself among them, that hold a belief that his inherent character flaws make him unpalatable to hold the office that he currently does. That's the diplomatic response, as to not trigger people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom