The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sadly, the idiots you refer to are being consistent in their own minds.

I think that those "art" pieces are tasteless and idiotic, but to say that anyone should be arrested for them is going too far. I have no desire to move any further away from a free society than we already have.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    OMG....She is not only beautiful, my age, and built like brick house but she is a General as well....Awesome...

1236536836_salma-hayek.gif

I can't believe it took 11 posts before the first picture!:noway:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I remember one of the first criticisms of Obama was that he didn't have a flag pin on his lapel.

I don't look at Trump pics very much. Does he wear a flag in his lapel?

Obama was a community organizer. Trump bought communities and then took them into bankruptcy. Which is worse?

Obama was accused of being a Kenyan. Trump...a moron. I guess I'd rather be Kenyan.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember one of the first criticisms of Obama was that he didn't have a flag pin on his lapel.

Obama was a community organizer. Trump bought communities and then took them into bankruptcy. Which is worse?

Obama was accused of being a Kenyan. Trump...a moron. I guess I'd rather be Kenyan.

Here is Trump at the G20 Summit wearing an American Flag pin rather than the G20 Summit pin....If I were Trump or Obama I wouldn't worry about what people accuse me of being...Never let other's define who you are no matter what party you belong too..

I believe neither accusation is true about either of them...It's hard to be a successful business man married to three different beautiful women and be a moron and it's hard to be born in Hawaii and be a Kenyan...Just noise I suppose....

trump-g20-pin.png

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, Obama consistently wore a flag lapel pin. But, it only takes ONE example for the hair-on-fire folks to go wild.

uh......

170315183206-01-donald-trump-march-15-2017-super-169.jpg

I have to admit it, though. That is a great looking suit, tie and shirt!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The southern states had not intention of nor made any attempt to overthrow the United States government. Departure and overthrow are two entirely different things. Strike 2!

Disagree. The Union, included the states of which the South consisted. The local govts of South began an armed insurrection against against the Union, seeking to purge all United States institutions. That is an attempt at overthrowing the govt.

of the compromises at best preserved the existing balance. The critical lack of compromise was on tariffs, which the north could shove through by virtue of a majority in the HR and an even split in the Senate. If the president were a southerner, it was gridlock. If a northerner were president, the south lost. This allowed for the situation in which the tariff laws were written for the benefit of northern industries at the expense of consumers, particularly the southerners who had money to spend but lacked means of production aside from crops. Strike 3!

This is revisionist history, with the attempt to re-image the lost cause of the Confederacy. The Confederacy was quite clear in why they wished to leave the Union. The idea of it being related to trade does not reconcile with history. This is most evident by the actions the South took after the war. You won't find much in the way of the Southern states working diligently to circumvent tax and trade laws imposed upon them by the federal govt, but you will find, throughout the entire South, the creation of vast legislation which sought to return the newly freed into second class citizenship.

author is apparently ignorant of federalism as it existed before the war. Sorry to break it to him, but the balance of power was originally in the hands of the states and the people, not the swamp.

It should be noted, that if one holds the opinion above, then one must also hold the notion that the 2nd Amendment, as originally envisioned, was not binding upon the states, but rather, allowed them to make their own rules concerning firearms.

Just because the issue was included in the Virginia Ordinance, that doesn't make it Lee's personal issue. The fact that he had freed the slaves he inherited well before the war and personally supported an end to slavery would seem to show this up for the horsesh*t that it is.

This is devoid of historical context, which creates a better picture of Lee. Lee did inherit slaves from his wife's father (George Curtis). Lee did NOT voluntarily free the slaves in his possession. In fact he went to court to challenge the freedom the slaves were to receive, per the provisions of Curtis's will. It is only due to court interpretation, NOT the good nature of Robert E. Lee, that the slaves in his possession were freed.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I hate seeing politicians wearing flag pins on their lapel. Why does one even need to do this. Every time I see one, the first thought goes through my mind "the Nazis did that."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hate seeing politicians wearing flag pins on their lapel. Why does one even need to do this. Every time I see one, the first thought goes through my mind "the Nazis did that."

IIRC it started (here in America) right after 9/11 during the Patriotic wave that lasted for a couple of weeks when we were all one...It's now become a standard...Kind of like kneeling during the National Anthem....Someone wants to make a point and suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon and it becomes cool...Like Che shirts I suppose....

Nazi's are not the only people that take pride in their country and it's flags...In Argentina folks where the flag everywhere...Of course that could explain why the Nazi's flocked there...:)

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

difference is that it's legal to be a moron and be president.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Why? Because they didn't serve in the military and have to show they are patriotic by wearing a flag.

I didn't serve and I love the flag and wear it sometimes...I just love my country...I also think our flag is beautiful...

I loved it when Obama was in, Carter was in, Nixon was in, LBJ was in, Ford was in, Reagan was in, Clinton was in and both Bushes...I do not feel like wearing the flag is a form of stolen valor but I suppose some may see it that way....

I know John Prine does think that way ("Your Flag Decal won't get you in to Heaven Anymore" comes to mind)....I don't get mad when my wife wear's her Argentine Flag shirt and I myself have an Argentine flag hanging in my museum (man cave)...

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IIRC it started right after 9/11 during the Patriotic wave that lasted for a couple of weeks when we were all one...It's now become a standard...Kind of like kneeling during the National Anthem....Someone wants to make a point and suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon and it becomes cool...Like Che shirts I suppose....

If I ever decide to run for office, I won't wear a flag pin. And when somebody asks me "why," I'm gonna say. "I was born in the United States, have worked in the United States, and will die in the United States. Unlike some, I don't need to prove my loyalty to the United States by wearing a pin. A pin makes no person more American to someone without it (walk of stage, pause, turn around).... Oh, and the Nazis did that."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I didn't serve and I love the flag and wear it sometimes...I just love my country...

I loved it when Obama was in, Carter was in, Nixon was in, LBJ was in, Ford was in, Reagan was in, Clinton was in and both Bushes...I do not feel like wearing the flag is a form of stolen valor but I suppose some may see it that way....

I know John Prine does.....

He's being sarcastic Indi... c'mon bro!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I didn't serve and I love the flag and wear it sometimes...I just love my country...

I know John Prine does.....

Well, you ain't runnin on the yeller-dawg ticket for Congress....so, as an ordinary guy, you are allowed to do what you dang well please. Now, if you was a Congress critter and you were all swollen with patriotic fervor whilst avoiding the draft with bad arches....then I might question you wearin' that there flag.

He's being sarcastic Indi... c'mon bro!

tenor.gif

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom