The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He's being sarcastic Indi... c'mon bro!

I knew he wasn't being mean...

But I also know the sacrifice Alpo made for this country and I do want him to know because of that sacrifice he made that I hold him in higher regard than myself.....I truly do...Ask any vet (especially from Alpo's time) that comes in the shop and you'll see what I mean....

I introduced two to each other last week....Good customers and men both....I said, "Hey you two vacationed in the same place in 1967-1970...." and I introduced them to each other....They spent some time talking, I heard stories that the history channel don't tell, and it was the best three hours I have had in a long time...

As they were getting ready to leave one said to the other, "And hey....Welcome home brother..." The other responded in kind and they shook hands with emotion only brother's can share....

And then I had to go to the bathroom, run some water and grab some tissue....Tore me up...Thought of a pic Alpo shared with me and just kind of got choked up.....

But it was beautiful....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Aw shucks.

You do recognize that I'm one of the few who wasn't a Navy Seal? Seems like all the vets I meet now were either a Seal or Pilatus-Porter pilots for the CIA in Laos.

:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aw shucks.

You do recognize that I'm one of the few who wasn't a Navy Seal? Seems like all the vets I meet now were either a Seal or Pilatus-Porter pilots for the CIA in Laos.

So Air America is not based on your experiences???? I am SHOCKED!!!!!! You told me they based Mel Gibson's character on you!!!!!!! And that he stole all of your cool lines!!!!! :)

Air%2BAmerica%2B1.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Aw shucks.

I meet "Rangers" every other week, met a few SEALs and Green Berets too. I never knew the military was 95% SF, and the other 5% Rangers. However, the other day I actually met a guy who claimed to be a Ranger, and asked him "tab or actual Ranger." He got a little wide-eyed, and with disappointment, said "tab." I laughed, and told him it was all good, because at least he actually kinda could say that, and more amazingly he actually served.

I have come to realize that my pop was the only aircraft mechanic in the Army.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I meet "Rangers" every other week, met a few SEALs and Green Berets too. I never knew the military was 95% SF, and the other 5% Rangers. However, the other day I actually met a guy who claimed to be a Ranger, and asked him "tab or actual Ranger." He got a little wide-eyed, and with disappointment, said "tab." I laughed, and told him it was all good, because at least he actually kinda could say that, and more amazingly he actually served.

I actually have a very good friend who is in the SEALs......You know how you can tell the Navy SEALs????? They'll never mention it.....At all....And at least him and the few members of his team I met are about my size...Fit but not like you see in the movies....Very, very, very, very humble as well.....There were four of them here in the shop....The one I know is my cousin's best friend.....The most humble guy I know....When they were in the shop someone said, "You boys in the service???" They answered yes.....He asked what they did....."IT network and computers mostly...."

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I have come to realize that my pop was the only aircraft mechanic in the Army.

Lol, we should hang out some time. I enjoy the smell of BS. But my luck is people are usually telling the truth, which is interesting, but not nearly as fun.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Regarding lapel pins, birth certificates, worries about Confederate statues, etc.

I think conservatives often made the mistake during the Obama years of complaining about every little thing no matter how small. It made it really easy for Obama's supporters to ignore their complaints when the issues were more significant and substantial.

Instead of learning something from it, the other side has simply done the same thing. If you want to argue that it all started with an earlier President, that's fine, my point is simply that both sides keep doing it. Cry wolf, over and over to the point that the actual issues are ignored and our government barely functions at a national level.

It is part of the whole problem with our continuing focus on personalities instead of issues. Sadly, I think I am more likely to fall victim to it than figure out a solution.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I actually have a very good friend who is in the SEALs......You know how you can tell the Navy SEALs????? They'll never mention it.....At all....And at least him and the few members of his team I met are about my size...Fit but not like you see in the movies....Very, very, very, very humble as well.....There were four of them here in the shop....The one I know is my cousin's best friend.....The most humble guy I know....When they were in the shop someone said, "You boys in the service???" They answered yes.....He asked what they did....."IT network and computers mostly...."

A navy SEAL, a cross-fitter and a vegan walk into a bar.....

Yeah, the real ones don't talk. Someone recently told me he was a "group guy". Long story short, he was Civil Affairs, and those guys ALL think they are SF. Just because you work with SF and they let you grow your hair and beard out, and you have a bigger budget, doesn't make you SF.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah, that's kinda my definition in general. There are guys who made it home after doing something they should have been killed doing...but way too many of the guys never made it back.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, that's kinda my definition in general. There are guys who made it home after doing something they should have been killed doing...but way too many of the guys never made it back.

Yeah, it's not that people haven't done really difficult things and made serious sacrifices. That is certainly worthy of gratitude. But hero? Maybe that word doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does. "Oh, you joined the military? You're such a hero!" Give me a break.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    HRB491-2.jpg

I think it normally starts here. The price of this ribbon can be relatively inexpensive, but at times becomes the most expensive piece of fabric ever purchased.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Noooo!
    People lie about military service?
    Never
    I often ask them questions when they proclaim great feats of daring do!

“Hey when you call for fire what’s the difference between shift from a known point and a polar plot” ?

answer = crickets!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom