Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm still amazed anybody from manufacturing/industrial states like MI and PA would vote democrat.

iu

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I may be wrong, but people are assigning way too much weight to early voting favoring Democrats. While that may be true, I don't think the numbers are there.

NBC is being very guarded about the mail-in votes too. They're calling them "most likely" dem-leaning, but they're definitely not looking at them as a sure thing. Now granted, some of that may be due to being a little gun shy from 2016 and not wanting a repeat of that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh, I'm calling it. Biden ain't going to win. We're getting 4 more years of the ****show. I need a drink, some blow, and an ugly hooker from Budapest.

Are you sure you haven't started in already. I think the odds are obviously in Biden's favor now. There are only 6 states left on the board that haven't been called. Nevada is probably going to Biden. Wisconsin is probably going to Biden. Trump's path is very narrow. He basically has to win 4 of those 6 if that includes PA. Or he has to win 5 of those 6 without PA. Realistically, he'll probably win PA, and at least either GA, and NC, probably a little better than even odds he wins both. I think Biden will win NV and WI. I'm not at all sure about MI, but as close as they are at this point, I think the counties surrounding Detroit will eek it out for Biden.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Are you sure you haven't started in already. I think the odds are obviously in Biden's favor now. There are only 6 states left on the board that haven't been called. Nevada is probably going to Biden. Wisconsin is probably going to Biden. Trump's path is very narrow. He basically has to win 4 of those 6 if that includes PA. Or he has to win 5 of those 6 without PA. Realistically, he'll probably win PA, and at least either GA, and NC, probably a little better than even odds he wins both. I think Biden will win NV and WI. I'm not at all sure about MI, but as close as they are at this point, I think the counties surrounding Detroit will eek it out for Biden.
    Just as you posted this, MI is trending Blue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. Currently just a hair over 10K votes ahead. I think that the Detroit area will dominate the trend. Biden only needs to win almost any of just 3 of the 6 states left on the board. And it's looking like he has NV, WI, and MI. That would give him 270. I hope Trump can pull it out, but I doubt that's gonna happen. And then we can start betting on when Kamala will be named president when Biden is declared unfit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I may be wrong, but people are assigning way too much weight to early voting favoring Democrats. While that may be true, I don't think the numbers are there.
    I think you’re right if you’re talking about absentee. But not if you’re talking about mail-in.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It has been real boys. I have to say, Trump has met most all my expectations of a Republican President. Someone who uses power the way it's supposed to be used, instead of tiptoeing around on eggshells like a George Bush, hoping not to offend anybody so he can hold power for 8 years.

In retrospect, I blame Trump for abandoning his core issue. Four years ago he was singling out corporations and shaming them for sending jobs away. Note I did not say, "being Anti-Corporate," because that's AOC and is something different. But just holding corporations accountable. People thrilled to that message and it made him sort of a rock star. If the Republicans could ever get cool to this type of ethic, the Dems might never win again. But that is over now. Republicans under Mitch will be right back to sucking the corporate **** and losing elections.

Gun rights does have a narrow path to long-term safety, but with Mitch retaining control of the Senate it will not happen. It would take passing some draconian laws under Biden, then filing suits and getting them challenged to the Supreme Court while Clarence Thomas is still alive. If Mitch retains control of the Senate (which it looks he will), the laws will just not get passed in the first place. Which actually is not as good, in the long run, as passing and then getting them struck down.

What a ride. I still cannot believe Trump came this close. With media, Entertainment, Wall Street, everybody gunning for him. Hope the Republicans learned something about peoples' policy preferences. Not betting on it though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It has been real boys. I have to say, Trump has met most all my expectations of a Republican President. Someone who uses power the way it's supposed to be used, instead of tiptoeing around on eggshells like a George Bush, hoping not to offend anybody so he can hold power for 8 years.

In retrospect, I blame Trump for abandoning his core issue. Four years ago he was singling out corporations and shaming them for sending jobs away. Note I did not say, "being Anti-Corporate," because that's AOC and is something different. But just holding corporations accountable. People thrilled to that message and it made him sort of a rock star. If the Republicans could ever get cool to this type of ethic, the Dems might never win again. But that is over now. Republicans under Mitch will be right back to sucking the corporate **** and losing elections.

Gun rights does have a narrow path to long-term safety, but with Mitch retaining control of the Senate it will not happen. It would take passing some draconian laws under Biden, then filing suits and getting them challenged to the Supreme Court while Clarence Thomas is still alive. If Mitch retains control of the Senate (which it looks he will), the laws will just not get passed in the first place. Which actually is not as good, in the long run, as passing and then getting them struck down.

What a ride. I still cannot believe Trump came this close. With media, Entertainment, Wall Street, everybody gunning for him. Hope the Republicans learned something about peoples' policy preferences. Not betting on it though.

What policy preferences? This was strictly about anybody but Trump.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    What policy preferences? This was strictly about anybody but Trump.

Responsible trade policies, limited immigration, law and order...the stuff that made people actually enthusiastic about Trump. As opposed to just holding their nose and pulling a lever for a Romney. They almost won this thing.

I just wonder if Republicans understand that. They had a winning agenda, just in the hands of a non-ideal person.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went home, saw that Holcomb handily won (I confess some smugness), made a tasty salmon dinner, then went to work out.

I didn't see any riots, and there's no "return to phase 1"...

So, what'd I miss between 8pm and now? :dunno:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Responsible trade policies, limited immigration, law and order...the stuff that made people actually enthusiastic about Trump. As opposed to just holding their nose and pulling a lever for a Romney. They almost won this thing.

I just wonder if Republicans understand that. They had a winning agenda, just in the hands of a non-ideal person.

Oh, gotcha, I agree.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. YOUR postal service may be missing 300,000 plus ballots.

Why is that?

Ask YOUR postal union employees, unless you think the postmaster general personally pulled 300k ballots. The only peeps I'm aware of who have been less than forthright about vote by mail have been carriers

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Who would you believe to be that ideal person? Do they exist? Trump is the same guy that they sucked up too for years, first in NY, then in Hollywood. All this, investigations, impeachment, was not personally driven, it was to stop the very issues you enumerate...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ask YOUR postal union employees, unless you think the postmaster general personally pulled 300k ballots. The only peeps I'm aware of who have been less than forthright about vote by mail have been carriers

He's the HMFWIC. He changed operations and was forced to re-install equipment.

He's a Trump Toady and responsible for his workforce.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom