• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just curious as I am not in this trade, but do you have a disposal in the kitchen?

Just looks like a lot of solids for merely grey. We had a disposal in our first house. Wife would force stuff down there. Plugged the drain. I cut the pipe in the basement, gave her a coat hanger and she never used the disposal again. Haven't had one in any of our other houses. When I get one in a rental I remove it.

Still following the thread because I am curious now. Especially with the corrugated pipe. Smooth inside I could see, but the other seems to be a mess waiting to happen.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    If you are having these issues every 2 years or so, I would call in a professional and have a new leach field tied into your tank. Have the gray water dump straight into the new field. Any replacement you do is going to have to meet code. Might as well have the pros do it right.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I have a sewer auger, like the picture below, if you want to try and clear some of that pipe. I was going to offer up earlier but I saw you had already went past 50' (which is the length of this one) with a snake. Now that you've found this area, it might help. I will say the old soap line at my house was just perforated corrugated pipe with no pit, just like what you have found, so you may not have anything else.

68285_W3.jpg

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Good chance it doesn't have a pit. Putting a grease trap in will help keep it from building back up in the future.

I might have missed it but how long was that piece of corrugated?
    Right now I'm designing in my head. But yes I want a grease pit about 40 feet from the house, so that brings us just passed the driveway. Then I want another 30 ft if pipe and then I want either a pit or to install a t with perforated pipe laid in rock that goes 100 ft.

I am also betting there is no pit. There is a creek about another 75 feet but there is no way they made it through all those trees.

I will draw a diagram later.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I have a sewer auger, like the picture below, if you want to try and clear some of that pipe. I was going to offer up earlier but I saw you had already went past 50' (which is the length of this one) with a snake. Now that you've found this area, it might help. I will say the old soap line at my house was just perforated corrugated pipe with no pit, just like what you have found, so you may not have anything else.

View attachment 228129
    I've got a 100 ft just like that if you ever need.

Thank you

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I knew this was going to all come ahead soon. The prior owners probably ran their dishwasher 1x a month an dmaybe washed clothes once a week.

We are typical millennial and dishwasher runs 3-5x a week and wash clothes and linen every other day.

This was totally expected. We are totally spoiled by city living.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Parallel to the tree line is where I want to run 50-100 ft of leg. The T portion of you will. I don't think I need a pit especially if I install a solid/grease pit early on.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    By moving on with PVC combined with the clothes washer water dispersal rate, that pipe will never have an issue. It'll basically get blasted clean every run.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Parallel to the tree line is where I want to run 50-100 ft of leg. The T portion of you will. I don't think I need a pit especially if I install a solid/grease pit early on.
    Don't make it a T, make it a square at the end. And remember tree roots travel a long ways so don't get to close to the tree line.

Top Bottom