• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Since when did radio advertisers think it was OK to have emergency sirens/screeching tires/horns in their commercials? You'd think the FCC would have some sort of policy against that.

Also noticing lately that the ads recorded by local personalities are being sped up... so they can fit even more advertising into a smaller space. Boo.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Since when did radio advertisers think it was OK to have emergency sirens/screeching tires/horns in their commercials? You'd think the FCC would have some sort of policy against that...

Right. Phone ringtones in adds are also a huge annoyance.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Jumping back into the AdBlock/uBlock Origin thing, I've tried both lately, and I don't seem to see a difference. Maybe it's the version of AdBlock I'm using (AdBlock Plus from Eyeo GMBH). I tried both on Safari and Firefox and AdBlock Plus was always easier to use and gave me less overall grief. YMMV, I guess. Now If I could just find a good anti-adblock killer for Safari. AdFly interstitials on sites are getting really annoying about turning it off.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Been running Adguard on Firefox, but that's under Ubuntu; I don't know if there's a windoze version. Nothing's gotten through so far, but I'm seeing more and more sites whine about it. I've even had a few just sit there like they're stupid.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not sure who any of these people are or if I should care but this story showed up on my FB feed today.

?Take a Gun and Put It in Your Mouth and Pull the Trigger?: Mother Jones Editor Loses It on Twitter | TheBlaze.com

Like he says frequently on SayUncle: "Why are anti-gun activists so violent?" There's an endless stream of these knobheads making threats or wishing ill on gun owners. It's like they can't conceive that not everyone is as childish and dangerous as they are, and have to project their faults on us. This is probably the origin of their fixation on penis compensation; they subconsciously realize they've been emasculated and have to think everyone else has, too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like he says frequently on SayUncle: "Why are anti-gun activists so violent?" There's an endless stream of these knobheads making threats or wishing ill on gun owners. It's like they can't conceive that not everyone is as childish and dangerous as they are, and have to project their faults on us. This is probably the origin of their fixation on penis compensation; they subconsciously realize they've been emasculated and have to think everyone else has, too.

I kinda understand keyboard bravados typing out such things under the assumption they're sorta anonymous or think nobody will care what they put out there. But you'd think people that represent "name brand" publications would conduct themselves with a bit more maturity. It appears fewer and fewer people care how ridiculous and poorly they appear to the public anymore.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Been running Adguard on Firefox, but that's under Ubuntu; I don't know if there's a windoze version. Nothing's gotten through so far, but I'm seeing more and more sites whine about it. I've even had a few just sit there like they're stupid.

I've found the trick so far is to use an "anti-adblock killer". I've been using Reeks' AAB Killer and it works pretty will with NinjaScript and adding it to ABP. Some sites act a bit stupid (like the Guardian), but it's livable. Now I just have to find a blocker that will bock adds in youtube videos embedded outside of YT.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Radio is either WIBC or NPR.

INGO and AR15.com on the web. Also check Drudge Report, to see what else is going on.

Listen to my Shortwave receiver, when working in the garage.

Used to read the Early Bird at work, until the administration shut it down in 2013. Defense News brought it back as the Early Bird Brief . It gives good summary of DoD and International news.

See Today's Top Stories in the Early Bird Brief

Also look at Janes for detailed defense news. http://www.janes.com/

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer