• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Here's the thing, he can be the greatest QB in the history of the game, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason people love Manning so much wasn't the wins so much as the things he did for the city. Hopefully Luck keeps that going, because he sure seems like a smart down-to-earth guy. That's what it will take in my opinion to create a legacy like Manning.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I don't have a team. I don't play in the NFL and I do not own a team. If you can't see that the O-line has had problems in Indy for years, you know absolutely nothing about football. Indy's old savior even spoke about how poor the O-line played to the media. The coaches have brought up poor O-line play but it hasn't been addressed.

Whatever you say. From 2002 through 2010 the Colts and their weak offensive line, and terrible defense, and bad coaching managed to rack up 109 wins, and 35 losses. Including a Super Bowl, 5 conference championships, and 2 divisional championships. A record that ANY team in the league would be proud to call their own.

2011 was a horrible year for Indianapolis. It's behind us now. This new team has a lot of potential.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Whatever you say. From 2002 through 2010 the Colts and their weak offensive line, and terrible defense, and bad coaching managed to rack up 109 wins, and 35 losses. Including a Super Bowl, 5 conference championships, and 2 divisional championships. A record that ANY team in the league would be proud to call their own.

2011 was a horrible year for Indianapolis. It's behind us now. This new team has a lot of potential.

Yes, any team would be proud to call that record theirs. That doesn't change the fact that the organization doesn't seem to address the obvious needs of the team. I don't care if you think I'm an idiot or worse...simply stating what every football expert/former coaches/former players have all said regarding the Colts.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't have a team. I don't play in the NFL and I do not own a team. If you can't see that the O-line has had problems in Indy for years, you know absolutely nothing about football. Indy's old savior even spoke about how poor the O-line played to the media. The coaches have brought up poor O-line play but it hasn't been addressed.

You're quite right. However, pass protection wasn't where they earned that rap. It was the fact that we couldn't pick up a third-and-one on the ground to save their lives. We probably had the greatest number of runs for loss in the NFL.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    63 yard touchdown pass on his first NFL pass. Just like Peyton in '98. :rockwoot:

There was no 63 yard pass. The pass aas less than 5 yards and was behind the line of scrimmage. The run was 63+ yards. We missed a few tackles on that one, at least 3. But like I told the lady in front of me, you guys needed the confidence of a preseason win. What is that? One in the past five years? We've all gotta win sometime. :): By the way, Andrew Luck will not be the top QB of the draft. RGIII will. Everyone wants to call him a legend and say he's the next Peyton, but he can't live up to the pressure. In a few years all of you Colts fans will be crying that Peyton left you and you should have paid him what he wanted.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unbelievable start to the preseason, yes it only preseason but it gives us something to look forward to. Culture, attitude, vibe, all seem different in a good way. Looking forward to the season. Lets just hope we can do the same thing next week in pittsburgh. :D The team obviously needs to address certain needs like an o line and a few sturdy defensive backs that will be addressed next year as the colts will have more cap space then anyone in the league. so pen around 43 million according to John Clayton via espn. this will allow them for the first time ever to go out and bring in some talented players. Granted they are not goin to win 12 games this year is still better than last years circus. Just good to see them headed in a different direction. Yes I am a colts fan, and have had season tickets for over 10 years.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There was no 63 yard pass. The pass aas less than 5 yards and was behind the line of scrimmage. The run was 63+ yards. We missed a few tackles on that one, at least 3. But like I told the lady in front of me, you guys needed the confidence of a preseason win. What is that? One in the past five years? We've all gotta win sometime. :): By the way, Andrew Luck will not be the top QB of the draft. RGIII will. Everyone wants to call him a legend and say he's the next Peyton, but he can't live up to the pressure. In a few years all of you Colts fans will be crying that Peyton left you and you should have paid him what he wanted.

LOL 1yrd pass ran back 99yds still counts as a 99yd pas in the books, no ones going to be crying. I believe the crying has already happened.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    It was about a 6 yard pass to Donald Brown you then ran it about 60 yards for a TD.

Luck is going to be a good deal for us, now we need a defense.

We have fixed that. With moving to the 3-4 it better addresses the talents we have and don't have. We are a fast defense. So the 3-4 gives us the capability of using another linebacker that can also double as a pass rusher. Which is why we are using Robert mathis. We have all the tools now. All we need is invaluable experience.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    But like I told the lady in front of me, you guys needed the confidence of a preseason win. What is that? One in the past five years? We've all gotta win sometime. :):

38-3. That's just a little different than "winning sometime".

By the way, Andrew Luck will not be the top QB of the draft. RGIII will.

Your words have been marked. I'll be looking for you at the end of the season, if it hasn't been determined well before then.

Honestly, you really seem to have an axe to grind.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN

You have got to be kidding. First off the main point with preseason is to gain on the field experience, not necessarily to win. We haven't won a preseason game before this one in like 4 years yet we made the playoffs 11 straight years... I would say no correlation there.

And RGIII really? The difference between the pros and college are the biggest differences between these two players. Griffen won't be able to rely on his legs like he did in college. DEs are way to quick and the pass coverage is much better. Not to mention he won the heisman due to the fact that his wide outs made heisman caliber type plays to bail him out. On the other hand luck has the mind capabilities and the proven athletic skill set to succeed in the NFL.

And yes I am crying that Peyton left because he is arguably the best QB to play the game. Wouldn't you be sad? Well you probably still are that Kurt Warner left and the Rams haven't been talked about on ESPN since then.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    It was about a 6 yard pass to Donald Brown you then ran it about 60 yards for a TD.

Luck is going to be a good deal for us, now we need a defense.

I agree with you on Luck, but the jury is still out on the D, they only allowed 210 yds and 3 pts. It's only one preseason game but I saw a defense that was able to stop the run and consistently apply pressure in the passing game. This new 3-4/4-3 hybrid as expected looks NOTHING like the Colts' Tampa 2 scheme of the Dungy/Caldwell era. I think the defense will be improved from last year, and last year's D was not good, but not as bad as it looked because the offense was terrible and consistently putting them in bad spots.

There's a lot of truth to this^ The O-line has been terrible since 2008. They haven't been able to run the ball since 2007. Peyton made that O-line look WAY better than they were. The Polians missed on draft picks like Tony Ugoh and Mike Pollak, and then you add the declines of Jeff Saturday and Ryan Diem, and the Offensive Line has not been pretty, but there is hope for improvement this year, especially in run blocking.

Huh? What has possibly led you to believe that Luck "can't handle the pressure?" He would have been the #1 pick had he come out in 2011. Hype is nothing new to him. His father was a backup NFL QB, Luck has been groomed for this for years. Listen to a Luck interview, he's very polished in front of a camera and knows how to deal with reporters without pissing anybody off.

In a few years, Manning will be in a pressbox as a color commentator, and Luck wil most likely be a pro-bowler. Manning leaving had little to do with his salary and more to do with his age, his uncertain health, and the availability of Andrew Luck. Even if Luck flops (which I highly doubt), Irsay made the right decision for the franchise.

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    Preseason/regular season. Rams/Bears. Screen pass or Hail Mary, it doesn't matter. His first pass attempt was a 63 yard TD.

As far as RGIII goes, I wouldn't have picked him over Luck. I never knew his name until midway through his last year at Baylor. He came out of nowhere way too fast & everyone jumped on the bandwagon. I do give him credit, he had a good Heisman year. And I think he'll have a solid NFL career but I think Luck will have a much better career than RGIII.

I just wish I'd be able to watch Luck's rookie year. I'll miss most games since I'll be at basic training.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Yes, any team would be proud to call that record theirs. That doesn't change the fact that the organization doesn't seem to address the obvious needs of the team. I don't care if you think I'm an idiot or worse...simply stating what every football expert/former coaches/former players have all said regarding the Colts.

I don't think you're an idiot. :popcorn:

Top Bottom