• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Packed out with the little extended tube oiler in my range bag. Lots of gear in the limited space in the back seat of the extended cab and I made sure the range bag was in a bit of a tight spot. I just checked and no leaks. The cap is fairly tight on the tube. This may well work out.

Sounds good. Report back when you get back..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never used it. What's the advantages...???

I ask only because when we see something that works for us there has to be something that makes a product stand out.

I tried Frog Lube once and didn't like it at all. Our family room stays cool in the winter, and the gun I used it on was in a safe out there. Just being mildly cool (around 60 degrees) made it thick and gummy. No way the gun would have functioned like that. I've heard others say they have had the same experience. I'll give it this... it smells like mint. If someone ate paste as a kid in grade school, it might make them nostalgic. :):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I tried Frog Lube once and didn't like it at all. Our family room stays cool in the winter, and the gun I used it on was in a safe out there. Just being mildly cool (around 60 degrees) made it thick and gummy. No way the gun would have functioned like that. I've heard others say they have had the same experience. I'll give it this... it smells like mint. If someone ate paste as a kid in grade school, it might make them nostalgic. :):

The rep actually sold me...on not buying it. He sounded too much like a guy at the fair hawking some wonder drug, snake oil.

I was thinking they were gone by now. Glad the poster up thread likes it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The rep actually sold me...on not buying it. He sounded too much like a guy at the fair hawking some wonder drug, snake oil.

I was thinking they were gone by now. Glad the poster up thread likes it.

Yeah, it sounds good in theory- non-toxic, natural, etc.. Just didn't pan out for me in practice though.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here is a video about how different gun oils worked. Very interesting to see how well they did.

[video=youtube_share;XdCFr92Y88c]https://youtu.be/XdCFr92Y88c[/video]

2 months later results
    [video=youtube_share;dUNW4Vn2JiY]https://youtu.be/dUNW4Vn2JiY[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom