• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which one of these guys would be the victor?

• Total voters

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    The list is incomplete...

hong-kong-phooey.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My teacher's teacher was a student with Bruce Lee in Hong Kong under Ip Man. He has many stories of Bruce.:D

He probably started acting and fighting around the same time.

Lee was a student of Man way before he started making movies but Lee was always drawn to the theatre. Lee's older brother was the stud (champion at the Commonwealth Games) who urged Lee into boxing.

Depends on how one defines "martial artist". I'd vote for one of the current UFC champs. Liddell is right up there. Heck, even a bantam weight boxer is a tough vato. Lots of good fighters out there in many different styles.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    My teacher's teacher was a student with Bruce Lee in Hong Kong under Ip Man. He has many stories of Bruce.:D

Lee was a student of Man way before he started making movies but Lee was always drawn to the theatre. Lee's older brother was the stud (champion at the Commonwealth Games) who urged Lee into boxing.

Depends on how one defines "martial artist". I'd vote for one of the current UFC champs. Liddell is right up there. Heck, even a bantam weight boxer is a tough vato. Lots of good fighters out there in many different styles.

I'm just sayin' what I read and what I've heard.

Lee was born "Lee Jun Fan" 27 November 1940 in San Francisco, the son of Lee Hoi Chuen, a singer with the Cantonese Opera. Approximately, one year later the family returned to Kowloon in Hong Kong and at the age of 5, a young Bruce begins appearing in children's roles in minor films including The Birth of Mankind (1946) and Fu gui fu yun (1948). At the age of 12, Bruce commenced attending La Salle College, and was later beaten up by a street gang, which inspired him to take up martial arts training under the tutelage of "Sifu Yip Man" who schooled Bruce in wing chun kung fu for a period of approximately five years. This was the only formalized martial arts training ever undertaken by Lee. The talented & athletic Bruce also took up cha-cha dancing, and at the age of 18 won a major dance championship in Hong Kong.

-IMDb

:dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Kirk, is there anything you have not done; anywhere you have not been; any restaurant you have not visited, or anybody you don't know?! :laugh: I'm going to change your username to Renaissance Man. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I picked Chuck Norris only because I didn't want to be killed in my sleep.
    However, if you have seen any of Steven Segal's demonstrations before he had a movie career I believe that you would be impressed.
    Once you get close enough for him to touch you, it's over.
    Well Here's one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH6HtkySiCQ

There is no question as to his skills but he is well over 6ft tall and just towers over most folks.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    All you ever here about bruce lee is that he was a martial artist and fighter before acting but he never competed anywhere that mattered. Everyone needs to lay off the cool-aid I once had a guy tell me bruce lee beat 100 men in one minute this is the kind of stuff im talking about. That would require him beatin each man in at least 1.6 seconds. He argued me to no end until I hit him with the math and even he began to question it. I even had someone tell me that bruce lee would have beat both Ali and tyson in a boxing match with both fighters in their prime. You have got to be kidding me.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    All you ever here about bruce lee is that he was a martial artist and fighter before acting but he never competed anywhere that mattered. Everyone needs to lay off the cool-aid I once had a guy tell me bruce lee beat 100 men in one minute this is the kind of stuff im talking about. That would require him beatin each man in at least 1.6 seconds. He argued me to no end until I hit him with the math and even he began to question it. I even had someone tell me that bruce lee would have beat both Ali and tyson in a boxing match with both fighters in their prime. You have got to be kidding me.

100/60 =/= 60/100. Just sayin'. Would have been even more convincing with the RIGHT math.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    All you ever here about bruce lee is that he was a martial artist and fighter before acting but he never competed anywhere that mattered. Everyone needs to lay off the cool-aid I once had a guy tell me bruce lee beat 100 men in one minute this is the kind of stuff im talking about. That would require him beatin each man in at least [STRIKE]1.6[/STRIKE] .6 seconds. He argued me to no end until I hit him with the math and even he began to question it. I even had someone tell me that bruce lee would have beat both Ali and tyson in a boxing match with both fighters in their prime. You have got to be kidding me.

I"d venture to guess that there isn't a single fighter in the UFC (around the same weight class) that wouldn't hand Lee his ass inside of the first round.

Matt52

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    I"d venture to guess that there isn't a single fighter in the UFC (around the same weight class) that wouldn't hand Lee his ass inside of the first round.

Im not so sure. Let a good well rounded fighter who was a D1 all american wrestler get ahold of him and I think it would be over pretty quick. I can find no evidence of his ability to fight anywhere just his ability to act and to convince people he was a great "martial artist"

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Im not so sure. Let a good well rounded fighter who was a D1 all american wrestler get ahold of him and I think it would be over pretty quick. I can find no evidence of his ability to fight anywhere just his ability to act and to convince people he was a great "martial artist"

Um... you just agreed with Benny.

Top Bottom