• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Bill Monroe was a bluesman as well.....Arnold Schulz is who got Bill to play his mandolin blues style...

[video=youtube;tiRu03RgSWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiRu03RgSWw[/video]

images
    220px-Arnold_Schultz_with_fiddle.jpg
    54368997_1415762770.jpg

Arnold and Bill's Uncle Pen posing....

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    B B King and George Jones...Great cover of a great song...Their voices sound great together.....This song reminds me of my grandfather and tears me up...

[video=youtube;LBloZdTqnZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBloZdTqnZo[/video]

I always think of Clarance Carter's original classic when I hear of this song, (I never even knew anyone ever remade it) but I love the slower tempo, the additional story, and BB's subtle guitar licks. Great find.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I always think of Clarance Carter's original classic when I hear of this song, (I never even knew anyone ever remade it) but I love the slower tempo, the additional story, and BB's subtle guitar licks. Great find.

Thank you sir....I found it a year ago....I love both versions but this one really get's me....I think Clarence's version was made for radio play and Possum and BB's version was made out of love and respect for each other and their music...Possum's voice with BB's is pure audio gold...

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Check out Trampled Under Foot (the band, not the Zepplin song). I've seen them a couple times - trio made up of siblings. The sister, bass player and lead vocals has a great voice...reminds me of Susan T.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Tedeschi- Trucks is one of. the best bands out there right now, IMHO- the Bean Blossom blues fest in August is a great 3 day event, bunch of mostly old geezers partying down to good tunes. Been there 3 times, nobody real famous, but all good

Top Bottom