• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I better quit posting tonight I know CM has to have his coco and watch Lawrence Welk in order to be in bed soon don’t wanna get him worked up before bedtime!

I will post on

1. How to get you illegal elderly parents on SS.

2. How to get your perfectly normal children on SSI as disabled and get yourself a check as a caregiver.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I better quit posting tonight I know CM has to have his coco and watch Lawrence Welk in order to be in bed soon don’t wanna get him worked up before bedtime!

I will post on

1. How to get you illegal elderly parents on SS.

2. How to get your perfectly normal children on SSI as disabled and get yourself a check as a caregiver.

I do appreciate your considerations.

And somewhere in all of the the Dems are looking to build this up as a voting block.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    And somewhere in all of the the Dems are looking to build this up as a voting block.

In the Chuck and Nancy live debate, I wish this would have been brought up. I wish he'd have looked at both of them and said, "Your primary concern is building a voting bloc. That's all you want. Eight years ago, ten years ago, you were "against" illegal immigration because you wanted to remain the party of the blue collar America, but now that you've lost blue collar America, you're all for illegal immigration because it builds an instant voting base. What say you Chuck? What say you Nancy?"

Regarding Candidiate/President Trump being the one to expose the bureaucrats behind the curtain. Has not that been his modus operandi? He mixes everything up by throwing bombs into the establishment line of thinking.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Here are some more points of knowledge.
    Note: most fees can be wavied !

SSA will send reminders to notify qualified aliens when their seven-year eligibility period ends. Beneficiaries will receive another letter explaining their rights to appeal before SSA stops payments.

• We encourage current or former SSI recipients subject to these SSI eligibility limits to contact the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to find out how to:
      • Expedite processing of their pending naturalization (N-400) or adjustment of status (I-485) application; and
      • Waive fees for the cost associated with filing the application

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In the Chuck and Nancy live debate, I wish this would have been brought up. I wish he'd have looked at both of them and said, "Your primary concern is building a voting bloc. That's all you want. Eight years ago, ten years ago, you were "against" illegal immigration because you wanted to remain the party of the blue collar America, but now that you've lost blue collar America, you're all for illegal immigration because it builds an instant voting base. What say you Chuck? What say you Nancy?"

Regarding Candidiate/President Trump being the one to expose the bureaucrats behind the curtain. Has not that been his modus operandi? He mixes everything up by throwing bombs into the establishment line of thinking.

You'll have to explain, how illegal immigrants are an "instant" voting base for the Democrats. It's probably a good thing that wasn't brought up, because other than the folks that bought into the 3 million illegals voting in the last presidential election, it sounds foolish.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To the OP's point, I think Trump is savvy enough to recognize that when things are going badly for him, he has been able to resort to The Wall The Wall The Wall, and get support.

So, yeah, I think Trump uses it as a distraction.

The current situation, though, suggests to me that this particular well may be running dry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To the OP's point, I think Trump is savvy enough to recognize that when things are going badly for him, he has been able to resort to The Wall The Wall The Wall, and get support.

So, yeah, I think Trump uses it as a distraction.

The current situation, though, suggests to me that this particular well may be running dry.

I would like to think most of his supporters are a fair bit smarter than he gives them credit for.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    You'll have to explain, how illegal immigrants are an "instant" voting base for the Democrats. It's probably a good thing that wasn't brought up, because other than the folks that bought into the 3 million illegals voting in the last presidential election, it sounds foolish.

So even if - and it's a big if - illegals are not instant Dem votes, how do you explain that up until a few years ago, Dems sounded like (mouthed the words) they were in favor of getting illegal immigration under control?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So even if - and it's a big if - illegals are not instant Dem votes, how do you explain that up until a few years ago, Dems sounded like (mouthed the words) they were in favor of getting illegal immigration under control?

They are in favor of getting immigration under control. They, I believe, besides not giving the president a "win," don't think a wall will be effective, nor do they want to tie themselves to the president's divisive rhetoric concerning such. Democrats backing the president after he's labeled immigrants as rapists, drug dealers, gang members, and bad hombres, would not sit well with many of their constituents, as it would appear to be tacit agreement.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I would like to think most of his supporters are a fair bit smarter than he gives them credit for.

I don't think it is a matter of intelligence (for the most part). I think it is a matter of being fooled. At some point, a charlatan runs out of tricks.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't know if that makes the wall a red herring or a stalking horse.
    Maybe it's a stalking herring. Or it might be a red horse.

What do you think?

I think Trump is a dumb person who is bad at his job, and pretty much all of his actions can be adequately explained by the fact that Trump is a dumb person who is bad at his job.

Nothing goes under the radar in the year 2018. Nothing is being snuck by. The simple, clear explanation is that Trump wants it, he promised it, he's massively insecure about not being able to deliver it, so he's going to continue throwing fits until he gets what he wants. If the policy wasn't so dumb, it would almost be refreshing to have a president who, two years after his election, still acts like he wants to do a thing he promised.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I think Trump is a dumb person who is bad at his job, and pretty much all of his actions can be adequately explained by the fact that Trump is a dumb person who is bad at his job.

Nothing goes under the radar in the year 2018. Nothing is being snuck by. The simple, clear explanation is that Trump wants it, he promised it, he's massively insecure about not being able to deliver it, so he's going to continue throwing fits until he gets what he wants. If the policy wasn't so dumb, it would almost be refreshing to have a president who, two years after his election, still acts like he wants to do a thing he promised.

And I hope he eventually gets what he wants, and promised, because I agee with that. Does that make me a bad person, that I want control of our borders? And maybe you should rejoice in a President that tries to carry out his promises. I guess Obama tried to carry out his promise - to fundamentally change America - and he did - to my detriment (not to mention historic deficit spending) . And I disagee that controlling borders is a dumb policy. Historically, controlling borders has been rather important.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And I hope he eventually gets what he wants, and promised, because I agee with that. Does that make me a bad person, that I want control of our borders? And maybe you should rejoice in a President that tries to carry out his promises. I guess Obama tried to carry out his promise - to fundamentally change America - and he did - to my detriment (not to mention historic deficit spending) . And I disagee that controlling borders is a dumb policy. Historically, controlling borders has been rather important.

His promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall, and his supporters ate that up. If he never intended to follow through on that in the first place, why did he bring it up. He should have just said "I want to build a wall... it's going to cost 25+ billion, and I want you to pay for it."

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's pretty cool to see the nevertrumpers get proven wrong every single time, eh? Funny how they keep looking and keep looking and keeping looking to somehow prove themselves "right," but never do.

mmpsteve

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    His promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall, and his supporters ate that up. If he never intended to follow through on that in the first place, why did he bring it up. He should have just said "I want to build a wall... it's going to cost 25+ billion, and I want you to pay for it."

C'mon, Mr. K. No one on either side believed that, ever. Twas hyperbole, and we all get that. It happens.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's pretty cool to see the nevertrumpers get proven wrong every single time, eh? Funny how they keep looking and keep looking and keeping looking to somehow prove themselves "right," but never do.

Harumpf! Harumpf! (Unintelligible voices in background)
    I'm not calling someone who unilaterally changed federal law to eliminate bumpstocks "pro-gun."

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

A wall does not control a border. It's a quick fix "solution" that appeals to dumb people who believe in quick fixes. Unchanging, fixed physical barriers never last against determined, continuously innovating attackers. You can defeat a $25 billion wall with a $20 extension ladder and some rope. Somebody will come up with a laughably easy and efficient way to defeat the wall, same as people have come up with ways to defeat all forms of passive physical security. It's the nation state equivalent of slapping a Masterlock on your rifle case and calling it secure.

I think spending money on border security is a great idea. Spending money on border security in the form of a wall across the desert wasteland is dumb as hell. It is an inefficient solution and a poor return on investment outside of populated areas, almost all of which already have a physical barrier in place.

Until the incentive structure that drives illegal border crossings is corrected, a wall is just a minor obstacle to people whose job it is to figure out how to defeat obstacles. That requires Congress to get off their asses and make the hard choices instead of just setting fire to money out in the desert and pretending they did something.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    C'mon, Mr. K. No one on either side believed that, ever. Twas hyperbole, and we all get that. It happens.

I assure you there were more than a few that believed that. Even now, people are saying that Mexico is going to pay for the wall "indirectly," which is only a tad bit more believable that directly.

Top Bottom