• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The media has picked up on a lot of these because the numbers are extraordinarily high and it's on the forefront of the news more than ever.
    I'm sure there's lots of reasons for this and not limited to promoting racial problems.

No, the numbers of police action shootings are not higher, only being focused upon at a fever pitch.
    Also, it's the sort of thing to get a person's life ruined for simply stating the fact that criminals, especially violent criminals, tend to prey upon those within their own racial/ethnic group.
    And, of course, reduced policing in communities where crime, again especially violent crime, is most prevalent, will inevitably result in the deaths of more innocent people from said communities.
    IOW, if BLM gets its wish, there will be far more black folks killed, but at least they'll get killed by other black folks.
    Of course, merely making such obvious and uncomfortable statements will get a person ostracized these days.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    While more white people are killed by black people because they're are, numerically, large numbers. I believe that these "iffy," "let's wait, and see" shootings are more common to instances where black people are involved. It doesn't mean the officers are racist, it means that they probably haven't (before becoming cops) been around a lot of blacks people, and probably are scared....actually scared is too strong a word. While some are certainly scared, I think uncomfortable us the more correct word to use.
    Well, the ones with black victims are definitely more publicized anyway. I don't spend time looking for these incidents, so I just see the ones that make national news.

Thank you for admitting it is not racism driving most of these incidents. I will say that most likely some of these cases are a result of stereotyping, thus resulting in them being more on edge and thus having a quicker trigger. I really don't believe that so many LEOs are actually racist against Blacks.

Of course to the media and the SJWs it can only be racism. There would be no other reason someone would be stupid and shoot someone they shouldn't have.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Haven't followed this very close lately. Did we ever find out what prompted the police call?

"Police raced to Northeast 127th Street and 14th Avenue after receiving a 911 call saying there was a man in the roadway with a gun who was going to kill himself."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, that makes more sense....poor marksmanship aside, but I don't think the headline: "Police Try To Kill Autistic, Hispanic Man" will have quite the calming effect they hope for.
    There just isn't any good spin you can put on this one that I can think of...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The federal lawsuit has been filed. Hope Mr. Kinsey takes them to the cleaners. Sadly, the shooter will likely have to pay nothing and will get to keep his job. He's still trying to come off as some do gooder caught in a tense situation.

Florida therapist sues officer who shot him - NY Daily News

"I took this job to save lives and help people," Aledda said. "I did what I had to do in a split second to accomplish that and hate to hear others paint me as something I'm not."
    Yeah, like an incompetent asshat.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The federal lawsuit has been filed. Hope Mr. Kinsey takes them to the cleaners. Sadly, the shooter will likely have to pay nothing and will get to keep his job. He's still trying to come off as some do gooder caught in a tense situation.

Florida therapist sues officer who shot him - NY Daily News

Yeah, like an incompetent asshat.
    Well that is up to a jury, if they don't settle. Punitive damages have to be paid by the officer.
    For those not familiar with police idemnification in general and where it applies.
    http://www.nyulawreview.org/sites/default/files/pdf/NYULawReview-89-3-Schwartz.pdf

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "The pain is the physical reminder of the day a North Miami cop shot Kinsey as he lay on the ground, his hands up in the air as he tried to protect his severely autistic client. The emotional trauma is just as acute."

Do reporters attend seminars put on by plaintiff PI lawyers now?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    How is a guy that shoots another guy lying on the ground with his hands raised found not guilty of attempted manslaughter??? Did he just try and "wound" the caregiver?

I agree with Kut. That doesn't get said very often :):

He was trying to shoot the client and hit the caregiver. Even sadder.

Wow. I can see being convicted of negligent something in addition to at least one charge of attempted manslaughter because he was obviously trying to shoot at least one of the two people. The negligent something comes in because he hit the wrong one. It shouldn't change the fact he was trying to shoot the other guy. Crazy.

A damn misdemeanor is ridiculous. If it had been a non-officer doing the shooting, it's a near certainty the jury would have seriously jammed the guy up!

Top Bottom