• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I love it and see no downside. I too process my own deer and not having to drive to get it checked, or wait till the following day if the deer was taken in the evening, etc. as previously stated is wonderful. This is exactly how computers should make our lives easier.

Elflemin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2013
    Greenwood
    Used it last year without problem. At some point this year I downloaded the Indiana DNR app for my phone (iPhone). Very, very easy straight forward. Check in number in seconds once info submitted. The app also has a multitude of other info on it related to camping, fishing, lodging & news. It essentially just routes you to the website inside the app, but is easier in my opinion cause you don't have to type any web addresses ect.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Easy peasy. I've used it since the 2012 season.

i agree that the records are more accurate and it probably saves a ton of money.

cncswiss1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Fishers/Noblesville
    Worked great for me, checked one in before leaving the tree. Easy peasy
    it should have an optional photo included and some sort of blog to see em. My retirement plans of hanging out at the check station and seeing what comes in have been foiled.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I have used it on every deer and turkey that myself and my daughters have killed since they first opened up the online system a couple years ago. Personally I love the system. I argued for the system years ago and publicly supported it when IDNR first unveiled the system. I was told by many about how "lazy" I was not wanting to drive to a check station, how "unsocial" I was for not wanting to be a part of the tailgate circle jerks in the check station parking lot, and how I did not care about the small mom and pop shop owner due to the lost revenue of buying a candy bar at their shop during check in a some sort of "support". I was told that real time harvest information offered little if any value to us as hunters, IDNR, and CO's. I was told how the system would increase poaching and derail hunting as we know it.

Funny how all I read now on multiple forums and on social media about how nice it is to see the real time harvest numbers. :laugh:

Personally I am looking forward to seeing (or hoping) how IDNR shares and uses the data in the future. I am hoping that we are able to see real time county by county data and buck vs doe data in the future. I think that would be both interesting and useful for not only hunters, but also IDNR and COs. The real time data is powerful from a CO perspective, IMO.

Great start to what can be an awesome system!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I have used it on every deer and turkey that myself and my daughters have killed since they first opened up the online system a couple years ago. Personally I love the system. I argued for the system years ago and publicly supported it when IDNR first unveiled the system. I was told by many about how "lazy" I was not wanting to drive to a check station, how "unsocial" I was for not wanting to be a part of the tailgate circle jerks in the check station parking lot, and how I did not care about the small mom and pop shop owner due to the lost revenue of buying a candy bar at their shop during check in a some sort of "support". I was told that real time harvest information offered little if any value to us as hunters, IDNR, and CO's. I was told how the system would increase poaching and derail hunting as we know it.

Funny how all I read now on multiple forums and on social media about how nice it is to see the real time harvest numbers. :laugh:

Personally I am looking forward to seeing (or hoping) how IDNR shares and uses the data in the future. I am hoping that we are able to see real time county by county data and buck vs doe data in the future. I think that would be both interesting and useful for not only hunters, but also IDNR and COs. The real time data is powerful from a CO perspective, IMO.

Great start to what can be an awesome system!
    ^^^^
    THIS...

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ended up using it 4 times this year, twice for me and twice for my father. logged in and done in less than 2 minutes. easy peasy. Looking forward to expanding its potential next year. be nice to see more details about county kills, buck/doe ratio etc throughout the year.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I was apprehensive about this system at the beginning. I did use a call in system in Missouri a few years ago before Indiana started their system. It was nice to call in on that trip b/c we weren't anywhere close to a town that could of had a check station so we didn't have to leave the cabin. When Indiana started I was upset b/c I felt so many more deer would be poached and wouldn't get checked. I know the dishonest will always be dishonest so I quit worrying about it. I miss going to the local gas station or bait shop and talking and sharing stories with random strangers but it is nice not having to make special trips somewhere. I have checked in many deer for me or my family online and never had an issue.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I've used it the last two years and love it. It makes it very convenient. I get the deer loaded up in the truck, pull out my phone, get my confirmation number, tag the deer, and I'm done.

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    At first I didn't think I would like it but now after using it a few times I think it is very convenient and a good idea. The info they ask seems kinda vague but works I guess.

Top Bottom