• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I used to be a store manager for them. It's not that bad.

Working there because you need a job and shopping there by choice are two different things

A good press, suitable for camping or the kithen counter, that won't break the bank:

GSI Java Press 30 Oz | eBay

Man card intact

Thanks for the info that one looks nice and I like the price.

I bought mine at Kroger. You could go there :dunno:

I've never seen them there. I'll have to look when I go grocery shopping again.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Man, I could use a cup of coffee right now. It's cold, I'm tired and it's almost 11pm. If I weren't heading off to bed in a couple of minutes, I'd put a pot on. Oh, how I miss the days when I could drink coffee all night and still fall instantly to sleep. But, a fresh pot of coffee is only about 7 hours away.

BTW, for those of you that use a Kuerig; Are they worth the expense? I have a Bunn that will put a pot of coffee out in about 3 minutes but am warming to the idea of a cup at a time system.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We have a couple of Kuerigs at work. It makes sense in that environment where a bunch of people like different things. But at home, there's no way I'd pay for the k-cups. We both like strong coffee and can get by just fine at home with a regular old coffee pot.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a cup at a time system that I paid less than $20 for, and it works just fine. I pour a cup of water in, set my cup underneath, put in a tablespoon of coffee, and turn it on. I've got a cup of coffee in less than five minutes. It's a Black and Decker something or other... Brew N Go? I mentioned it earlier in this thread.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We have a couple of Kuerigs at work. It makes sense in that environment where a bunch of people like different things. But at home, there's no way I'd pay for the k-cups. We both like strong coffee and can get by just fine at home with a regular old coffee pot.

I do agree that K cups are a little expensive. I usually use the attachment for my Keurig that lets me put my own coffee in it. I save the k-cups for when I want something certain that I can't find otherwise. My problem with the traditional coffee pot was that I would end up brewing way too much. And then I would end up drinking all of it. The Keurig has helped me cut my coffee consumption tremendously

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My problem with the traditional coffee pot was that I would end up brewing way too much. And then I would end up drinking all of it. The Keurig has helped me cut my coffee consumption tremendously

It's like you're making my point against the Keurig for me....

1g8Pj2K.jpg

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I've been known to make a 4 cup pot in the Mr.Coffee while my old ToastMaster Percolator gets it's arse in gear. I've got enough coffee in me by 1100hrs to keep me going solid through the day.
    I don't know how those 5 Hour Energy commercials put down coffee like they do. They must be drinking Amp or Mt Dew.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I moved to full fledged Pikes Place Roast this morning.

I make 7 cups according to my pot, but I only get 2 1/2 cups of coffee. I think their idea of a cup and mine are very different.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I moved to full fledged Pikes Place Roast this morning.

I make 7 cups according to my pot, but I only get 2 1/2 cups of coffee. I think their idea of a cup and mine are very different.

I hear ya. They're just poor misguided souls that don't understand the importance of a real cup measurement. It's the holidays and I think compassion and understanding are in order.

Top Bottom