THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    In with a trip back to the War of 1812 era. This pistol by Simeon North is US military stamped and in pretty good shape. It has a few issues and I'll have to find a big honkin piece of flint for it. Considered the father of the milling machine and a follower of Eli Whitney's manufacturing philosophy, Simeon North was a Massachusetts gun maker that supplied the infant US military in addition to making civilian guns.

View attachment 261864

That's super, LE .... and it still looks dastardly wicked ! :thumbsup:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went to the 1500 today with one of my sons. It's was great spending time with him, but the 1500 was a bust for us. There were some nice things to see but no deals to be had. I was on the hunt for Arisaka parts and found none. I was looking to buy a Midwest Industries light handguard but only saw no-name handguards of questionable origin.

I think that I've outgrown the 1500. It's the first time I've gone and spent exactly zero dollars. I didn't even buy the malted milk balls that have been the high point of almost every 1500.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I went to the 1500 today with one of my sons. It's was great spending time with him, but the 1500 was a bust for us. There were some nice things to see but no deals to be had. I was on the hunt for Arisaka parts and found none. I was looking to buy a Midwest Industries light handguard but only saw no-name handguards of questionable origin.

I think that I've outgrown the 1500. It's the first time I've gone and spent exactly zero dollars. I didn't even buy the malted milk balls that have been the high point of almost every 1500.
    That's pretty much how I felt. Highlight for me was seeing Kelly again at the NRA booth and saw a brother from my lodge. Then leaving the hood.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's pretty much how I felt. Highlight for me was seeing Kelly again at the NRA booth and saw a brother from my lodge. Then leaving the hood.
    I'm convinced that the 1500 is a show designed to separate newbies to guns from their money. It's a great place to find the latest tech in nylon holsters, knock off red dots and Chinese copy AR parts.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm convinced that the 1500 is a show designed to separate newbies to guns from their money. It's a great place to find the latest tech in nylon holsters, knock off red dots and Chinese copy AR parts.
    The only thing I've really ever bought at the gun show anytime I've went over the last 15 years or so is surplus and tactical gear and accessories. Some I took overseas for work.
    RARELY have I ever seen a gun deal that was good enough for me to buy it there

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I haven't been in a few years. Just isn't what it used to be. To TT's point, the surplus gear was a big draw for me. A lot of my early years into the scouts and outdoors in general was made of that ODG gear. That stuff's getting harder to find at a decent price as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom