Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ordered a couple of sets of VZ grips today since they had their 20% off Father's Day sale. I went with a frag in zebra and a set of smooth carbon fiber grips for the charcol grey pre-B. Should be interesting to see how the zebra's look on one of the guns.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It seems I am always waiting on something. Had to order a new barrel for the Compact D. That should be in sometime this week. Have to find a mag brake to order for the AA Compact.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Once I get those parts, assuming the barrel doesn't require any fitting, at least they will be shootable and I can see where I want to go from there.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning, sir. Where are you at on the big decision this morning?
    I'm gonna take your advice and just get my money back from Buds, while telling them to go pound sand at the same time, not impressed with them. I was gonna have them send another, but the thought of rolling the dice again doesn't sit well with me, it would be better if I actually knew what I was getting. I'm really liking the Pre-B from CDI on GB that I posted yesterday. I'm thinking it would look sweet with some of those rosewood Pachmayrs I talked about the other day.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I went back and found it. Yes, that is very sharp and looks to be in very good shape. I love it when they have all of the B characteristics but have the old roll mark.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Usually, the triggers on those are good enough that they don't need too much Cajun love to start with. You can upgrade incrementally. Makes it hurt less when you can spread it over time rather than having to take one big bite.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Well, vacation is over and I am back at work today. We had a great time down in NC and the project 1911 was returned to a very happy soldier. He had a cookout with his team mates on one night and the gun rated very well. That really does not mean much though, since those are good people that would not disparage it while I was there, but I do think it turned out pretty nice.

While in Carolina Beach, I made it a habit to get up before sunrise each morning and walk the beach as the sun was coming up. This is a photo I shot while there. Boy, I am sure missing being on vacation right now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. While on vacation, my Ed Brown sold. I'm seriously thinking about replacing it with this: Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm LONG SLIDE 01880 - NIB : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com The main issue is that I've already committed some of the funds to the P01 and it's Pro package and really should put the money to paying for those as well as other older gun debt. But, this is about as close to affording one of these as I'm likely to get.
    pix797351826.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    EckFrank
    Top Bottom