88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Rusty!

I held a Bruin while at the NRA show last month and it was really nice. The price on the linked one is good, but it would mean taking the funds from the Ed Brown and instead of using those to pay down past gun buys, rolling it right back into another gun. That was not the original intent of selling the EB. I need to get the voices in my head to stop arguing with each other long enough to figure out if this would make sense. On one hand, it's a fantastic pistol out of the box, but the other hand, I enjoy shooting pistols I've either built or worked on more than the great ones I have done nothing to. One argument in favor of going that route is that it adds something to the collection that I don't have and does not come with added costs like upgrade kits or new holsters. And, it's a long slide 10mm 1911.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wish someone would tell me why I wake up every morning and search through all the CZs on Gunbroker. :dunno:

IMG_0654_zpsvgmh0whs.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning Rusty!

I held a Bruin while at the NRA show last month and it was really nice. The price on the linked one is good, but it would mean taking the funds from the Ed Brown and instead of using those to pay down past gun buys, rolling it right back into another gun. That was not the original intent of selling the EB. I need to get the voices in my head to stop arguing with each other long enough to figure out if this would make sense. On one hand, it's a fantastic pistol out of the box, but the other hand, I enjoy shooting pistols I've either built or worked on more than the great ones I have done nothing to. One argument in favor of going that route is that it adds something to the collection that I don't have and does not come with added costs like upgrade kits or new holsters. And, it's a long slide 10mm 1911.

I can only that owning a long slide in 10mm is the actual :poop:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Well, vacation is over and I am back at work today. We had a great time down in NC and the project 1911 was returned to a very happy soldier. He had a cookout with his team mates on one night and the gun rated very well. That really does not mean much though, since those are good people that would not disparage it while I was there, but I do think it turned out pretty nice.

While in Carolina Beach, I made it a habit to get up before sunrise each morning and walk the beach as the sun was coming up. This is a photo I shot while there. Boy, I am sure missing being on vacation right now.
    Beautiful ocean picture and one bad ass gun you are buying!:coffee:Oh and good morning to all.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This is a rough time of the year for that kind of work. When I put ours in, I did the same thing. Built it in July and August. Next time, I'll do the work in the fall.

Finished the fence/deck today.
    I am beat the hell up.................................:n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom