Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning everybody. Got the bench assembled over the w/e but was so busy testing it that i forgot the pix. :rolleyes:

Set a new gate post too, so the gate doesn't try and fall over when i open it now. :):

Need more days in my week.

In Missouri this morning, about to leave for St. Joe then on to Council Bluffs, IA.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Organization. I've heard of that before, but am not sure if I can put my finger on the meaning. Certainly not in relation to any project work at home.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Organization. I've heard of that before, but am not sure if I can put my finger on the meaning. Certainly not in relation to any project work at home.

Yeah I am with you on this.
    My getting "Organized" is just getting the shop set up for what ever is next on the never ending list.

1st is getting the center work station set up with my break to build the duct work for the new HVAC system I am installing in my house.
    Then I have to get the saws/carpentry tools in order to build the gates for the enclosed car port to stop the thieves from stealing my firewood. The gates will be a life saver as if I catch these little bastards someone is going to get beat very closely to the end of breathing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I am with you on this.
    My getting "Organized" is just getting the shop set up for what ever is next on the never ending list.

1st is getting the center work station set up with my break to build the duct work for the new HVAC system I am installing in my house.
    Then I have to get the saws/carpentry tools in order to build the gates for the enclosed car port to stop the thieves from stealing my firewood. The gates will be a life saver as if I catch these little bastards someone is going to get beat very closely to the end of breathing.

Wow......I thought "Bastards" was a filtered word.....:dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Right now, I'm running my 124g 9mm loads with Accurate #5. I've been using 5.4g with a 1.110 COL and it's been working well for me. Accurate meters well in a Dillon 550, so it's pretty consistent.

Thanks, but it's all amateur stuff. I've only done about a dozen in the last 10 years. Two of them are in a museum in England though. I tend to focus on the 55th fighter group and 398th Bomb group a lot and the two in England are at a tiny museum at Nuthampstead where both the 55th and 398th flew out of. I have another in the works, but it's been stalled for over a year while I research the markings on the aircraft in the foreground. It's based on the gun camera footage of Jack Cunnick when he shot an ME 262 down in the spring of 1945 over a small German village near Lechfeld. Having heard Jack tell the story of the kill first hand, it's a special one to me but Jack has passed on and it's been tough documenting what aircraft he was flying that day.

I did see that one and his top three so far are the Rex 1, P07 and P10C. Pretty cool.

Anyone can be a wizard on P10s since they just need shot in mostly. The trigger is a 10 minute update and could be done by a blind monkey while flinging poo. The only real polish was to the mag release and slide release. Both of those would have worked themselves in by the time I got to the 1000 round mark anyway, but I was impatient.

Dude you are amazing. Seriously that's not amature stuff. I'm kind of into the art thing. I have a couple scerches from some famous artists because it was all i could afford of theirs. But I have some quality replicas of paintings. Some people probably wouldn't recognize some. I really love military inspired art. I have a few sketches front the war on terror.
    Yoir.work is ****ing amazing. It's sad that these hero's are gonna and the rest fading fast. We lose a piece of our past everytime one of them moves on but they've earned their rest

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    Man, stay away for a day or two and there's a lot to catch up on. This here is a great group!

Got the tracking # for my SP-01 from CGW. It returns home on wednesday. Now we find out if I can hold my breath that long.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Dude you are amazing. Seriously that's not amature stuff. I'm kind of into the art thing. I have a couple scerches from some famous artists because it was all i could afford of theirs. But I have some quality replicas of paintings. Some people probably wouldn't recognize some. I really love military inspired art. I have a few sketches front the war on terror.
    Yoir.work is ****ing amazing. It's sad that these hero's are gonna and the rest fading fast. We lose a piece of our past everytime one of them moves on but they've earned their rest

Thanks TT, I appreciate that. They actually look a lot better in person. When I try to photograph them, they get all washed out, but I need to figure out how to capture them digitally. It is sad to see so many old warriors passing away, but in another way, it's kind of heartwarming to think of what they endured and then had the fortune to enjoy a long life. One of the things that got me started painting was learning about a great uncle of mine that died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot with the 55th out of Nuthampstead, flying P38s. One of the first paintings I did was the one below and I had the honor of attending a 55th Fighter Group reunion and met the guys that flew with him. Two of them that were flying with him on his last mission signed the back of that painting. It's one of my most treasured of possessions now. I had done another painting of one of the groups aircraft and had all of the group veterans at the reunion sign it. That is one of the ones that is in England now.

:coffee:

Morning all, from Council Bluffs, IA.

Safe travels today Patience!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thanks TT, I appreciate that. They actually look a lot better in person. When I try to photograph them, they get all washed out, but I need to figure out how to capture them digitally. It is sad to see so many old warriors passing away, but in another way, it's kind of heartwarming to think of what they endured and then had the fortune to enjoy a long life. One of the things that got me started painting was learning about a great uncle of mine that died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot with the 55th out of Nuthampstead, flying P38s. One of the first paintings I did was the one below and I had the honor of attending a 55th Fighter Group reunion and met the guys that flew with him. Two of them that were flying with him on his last mission signed the back of that painting. It's one of my most treasured of possessions now. I had done another painting of one of the groups aircraft and had all of the group veterans at the reunion sign it. That is one of the ones that is in England now.

Safe travels today Patience!

This and the P51-D are some of my all time favorite aircraft.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    88, that is some amazing work! You are very talented.
    We are loosing the warriors daily, and it's sad. Listen to their stories as often as you can, because soon, they will all be gone.

I had the pleasure to speak briefly, with some of the Doolittle pilots at Wright Patterson. Seeing those guys was cooler than seeing any celebrity. These guys kicked Japan in the balls, when they thought they were invincible. They are true heroes to be looked up to. Sadly, they won't be with us much longer. The last guy gets to open the bottle that Doolittle left them. It will be soon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks KJ. I had the honor of spending an evening with Jack, the pilot that shot down the ME 262 splitting a bottle of wine and listening to him tell stories. What a great guy and what a treat to hear the stories first hand. I got to hear first hand, his story of the 262 kill, of getting shot up and belly landing on an abandoned German airfield, taking 4 Mustangs in line abreast formation under the center span of the Firth of Forth bridge and taking a Red Cross girl for a ride in the back of his Mustang. That last one will have to be another painting some day. Mechanics removed all of the radio equipment and she sat on the fuel tank. The aircraft was named 'Alone Together' and there's a photo of her in it taken in flight from another Mustang.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom