Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    These fall like mornings have put me in a slump.
    Fall is my favorite time of the year. The cool mornings seem to energize me. I always try to schedule vacation time in the early fall to finish up work I've put off around the house all summer. To me, there's not much better than a cool, clear fall morning on vacation to get me started working. The cool wet cloudy mornings are much better spent inside by a fire though, but I've not stocked firewood yet this year.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Fall is my favorite time of the year. The cool mornings seem to energize me. I always try to schedule vacation time in the early fall to finish up work I've put off around the house all summer. To me, there's not much better than a cool, clear fall morning on vacation to get me started working. The cool wet cloudy mornings are much better spent inside by a fire though, but I've not stocked firewood yet this year.

We have half the firewood in place. Going to get the rest on Sunday.
    Some one with huge balls stole near a ric of wood off my carport last weekend.
    Someone is going to be in deep deep Do-Do if my suspicions play out.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    How do you steal a ric of firewood? That does take balls for so little gain too. But, I'm losing my ability to be amazed at the stupid stuff lazy people do. This weekend I'll start stocking the firewood. I contacted the supplier on Sunday last week and am going to pick up 4 rics this year. That should get us through until February. I hope.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How do you steal a ric of firewood? That does take balls for so little gain too. But, I'm losing my ability to be amazed at the stupid stuff lazy people do. This weekend I'll start stocking the firewood. I contacted the supplier on Sunday last week and am going to pick up 4 rics this year. That should get us through until February. I hope.

We are putting in a lot of good Ashe. That is what those asshats stole from us. I believe I know who did it and only a matter of time before they are confronted. And they will be. I am done wasting my time and energy's only to be used abused and ignored.

jag09

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indy/Cloverdale
    Morning All!

Started on some projects around the house, the CZ, and the AK. Should all keep me very well busy into the end of the month before starting out in the garage.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    We are putting in a lot of good Ashe. That is what those asshats stole from us. I believe I know who did it and only a matter of time before they are confronted. And they will be. I am done wasting my time and energy's only to be used abused and ignored.

I will be cutting down 2 ash trees soon. You can have the wood if you want. It won't be split though.

CZ Top

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2017
    Vigo Co.
    The SP-01 is home again. SA is 3lb 3oz, DA 7lb 4oz, and both like buttah. Feels great in hand and glad to have it back. Won't be able to shoot it till the weekend.

16 weeks to the day between first contact and return from CanjunLand. I've had my own journey of improvement in that same time. I barely knew about INGO then, the SP-01 was one of 3 stock CZs I owned, and the one I shot the best. Now through this group and the Wizard I've had my eyes opened to what a CZ can become, have shot some really fine examples, (Thank you!) and been lucky to get a couple of my own. Much practice, some training and 137,463,684.5 rounds have improved my marksmanship a fair bit, with plenty room for improvement hopefully to come. That many rounds and more to come as I can afford it.

So yeah, really looking forward to taking my old friend back to the range to show each other what we are now. :)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have an 8# maul you can give em a workout with. Ash is easy-peazy. If they can't split that with an ax they aren't trying very hard.

There is a skill involved. Missing and tearing up my 2 new Axes is not embracing that skill. After replacing the axes and giving a brief tutorial they did get better. Trying to hard was one issue and thinking it was all in the power of the swing was another. Like swinging a bat or a golf club the work is done by the tool.

2 brand new fiber handled axes. Times 2.

I should just buy another splitter.....:):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There is a skill involved. Missing and tearing up my 2 new Axes is not embracing that skill. After replacing the axes and giving a brief tutorial they did get better. Trying to hard was one issue and thinking it was all in the power of the swing was another. Like swinging a bat or a golf club the work is done by the tool.

2 brand new fiber handled axes. Times 2.

I should just buy another splitter.....:):

when should I come by with the maul and some lessons? It is a skill a man should master.!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom