Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One thing that I need to try is to replace the hammer spring with the factory spring. Three things help to arrest recoil. First, weight of the slide eats up recoil energy and then the recoil spring burns up a lot more recoil energy. Third, the hammer spring helps to slow the recoil too and I've not been taking that into account. I read earlier tonight about someone having an issue with a new CZ in .40 and described it as having "a 50lb trigger". If CZ used a heavy hammer spring to help tame the .40 round, it could explain why I'm having issues with mine now that it has a lighter trigger spring.

It sounds like you are onto something.
    Also....did you mark the mags that were in the gun when it was having issues.
    You know the drill. Run that mag in another .40 if they are the same and see what it does. If it runs then repeat in the problem child.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good point CM. I need to get better at mag management. On Saturday, I was running just two mags and when the mag failed in the problem child, I'd pull it and run it in the 40P. The 40P would run them just fine. But, at the end of the range trip, both mags just went back into the range bag with the others. Time to serialize them and record what works and what does not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good point CM. I need to get better at mag management. On Saturday, I was running just two mags and when the mag failed in the problem child, I'd pull it and run it in the 40P. The 40P would run them just fine. But, at the end of the range trip, both mags just went back into the range bag with the others. Time to serialize them and record what works and what does not.

Having so many mags for all my guns it is hard for me to start doing any kind of tracking. I do have a sharpie in my gag and have put an X on suspected problem pieces but CZ mags are black and that would not work very well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Having so many mags for all my guns it is hard for me to start doing any kind of tracking. I do have a sharpie in my gag and have put an X on suspected problem pieces but CZ mags are black and that would not work very well.

Use a China marker/grease pencil. Stays on long enough to be useful but not that hard to remove.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've used fingernail polish to mark mags for events, but it's hard to be neat and precise with it. Blobs of different colors are about as good as I can get.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I had a heart day yesterday :(

Had back problems and went to the clinic. Admitted I had some tightness in my chest and was rushed to Methodist for testing. On the plus side, I now know my heart and surrounding arteries and such are perfectly healthy... :ugh:

sorry for your troubles, WTB. That was supposed to say ,Great Day. But i missed it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Had back problems and went to the clinic. Admitted I had some tightness in my chest and was rushed to Methodist for testing. On the plus side, I now know my heart and surrounding arteries and such are perfectly healthy... :ugh:

Sorry for your troubles, WTB. Or non- troubles, as the case may be.
    That was supposed to say ,Great Day. But i missed it.:dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Glad to hear that it's all good WTB.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom