88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Back on the subject of the problem child 75B Compact in .40, I think the core of the issue on that gun is the slide weight. Someone over on the CZ forum weighed the slide of a P06 (P01 in .40) and it came in at about 340g. My 40P is close to that as is my .40 P07. The problem child comes in around 280 to 290. I'm thinking that it needs a heavier recoil spring and main spring to run well and with a heavy mainspring, it's not going to have a nice sweet trigger. If my theory holds true, and if I can run it reliably with factory ammo and heavier springs, I'll call it done and then figure out what to do with it. I love a tuned CZ trigger and am not sure if I'd keep a gun that needs the heavy springs to run right. I could just run some really light .40 loads in it and use it for plinking, but don't really want a gun that can only run light loads when tuned. We'll see if the springs make a difference though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Back on the subject of the problem child 75B Compact in .40, I think the core of the issue on that gun is the slide weight. Someone over on the CZ forum weighed the slide of a P06 (P01 in .40) and it came in at about 340g. My 40P is close to that as is my .40 P07. The problem child comes in around 280 to 290. I'm thinking that it needs a heavier recoil spring and main spring to run well and with a heavy mainspring, it's not going to have a nice sweet trigger. If my theory holds true, and if I can run it reliably with factory ammo and heavier springs, I'll call it done and then figure out what to do with it. I love a tuned CZ trigger and am not sure if I'd keep a gun that needs the heavy springs to run right. I could just run some really light .40 loads in it and use it for plinking, but don't really want a gun that can only run light loads when tuned. We'll see if the springs make a difference though.

As I take weight from a 1911 slide I reduce the recoil spring rate until I start having issues and then go back.
    The main spring (hammer) figures in here as well.
    The firing pin block can also be re-shaped to adjust the slide speed.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Good morning my CZ friends! Love reading the stuff you guys write on working with guns, some amazing stuff and knowledge. Sometimes I struggle just to hit the target!:lmfao:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I take weight from a 1911 slide I reduce the recoil spring rate until I start having issues and then go back.
    The main spring (hammer) figures in here as well.
    The firing pin block can also be re-shaped to adjust the slide speed.

I wish that we had the ability to alter slide recoil speed via the shape of the firing pin stop in the 75B platform as we do with the 1911. On my 10mm DE , running a flat bottom FPS makes a huge difference by moving the fulcrum point lower allowing a lighter mainspring to be used without loss of force on the slide.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For whatever reason, I've been really digging the 9mm P07 lately. I'm thinking that the P07, with the larger trigger guard, will be a nice winter carry gun. I really should order a top notch holster for it though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For whatever reason, I've been really digging the 9mm P07 lately. I'm thinking that the P07, with the larger trigger guard, will be a nice winter carry gun. I really should order a top notch holster for it though.

I am going to have slow Hand make me a holster for my P-09. I like it a lot. It is a manly gun. Large. Fits my hand.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just ordered a Kramer scabbard in horsehide. It's been my go-to for carry holsters for years now and this will be number 7 for me from them. I did request that the muzzle end be left open to allow carry of a P09 on occasion. I don't carry that one often, but once in a while it gets out and about. They say it should be here by November but I'm guessing I'll be lucky to see it before December.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just ordered a Kramer scabbard in horsehide. It's been my go-to for carry holsters for years now and this will be number 7 for me from them. I did request that the muzzle end be left open to allow carry of a P09 on occasion. I don't carry that one often, but once in a while it gets out and about. They say it should be here by November but I'm guessing I'll be lucky to see it before December.

I would like to see this one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Glad to hear that the back is better Tom. I didn't get out of bed until 7 this morning. First time I've slept that late on a weekday in years. I don't know why, but I could not sleep last night, so I had to get up once for a melatonin, then a second time for Alieve and then a third time for antacids. When the alarm went off at 5, it felt like I had just hit the sack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom