Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You bet it was. In the sun it was perfect. In the shade and a slight breeze just a tad nipplish.

Got the parts for the "Kimber" on the bench. Had some issues getting the hammer to lock back. Seems the Ed brown part is out of spec. :dunno:

I really need to do some work to my Kimber stainless compact. It's a great shooter and has been flawless in function, but it could use a refinish and some improved internals. I've been thinking of doing it up similar to the CDE I have. Burnt bronze over brushed stainless. I'd have to forgo the ivory grips though and maybe do something in an antler or other interesting material.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really need to do some work to my Kimber stainless compact. It's a great shooter and has been flawless in function, but it could use a refinish and some improved internals. I've been thinking of doing it up similar to the CDE I have. Burnt bronze over brushed stainless. I'd have to forgo the ivory grips though and maybe do something in an antler or other interesting material.

Interesting. Not a Kimber fan for many reasons. I know a lot of folks that have and love them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning CZ faithful! :coffee:

I've been looking at the DPM recoil systems for the CZs and am thinking that I might pick one up to try with the .40 SP01 Compact. Could be just what that gun needs. It's running well now with a 22# spring and heavy main spring, but it could be a good test case to see if I can drop the main spring rate a bit.

https://dpmsystems.com/cz-2#/noFilterApplied

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There are a few nice CZ's languishing in the classy's right now. If I only had some spare coin.
    I stopped by Beech Grove Firearms today. I got to fondle a urban grey, Shadow 2, and a Phantom. That, "no spare coin", forced me to leave them there. :(

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm almost done rebuilding my entire garage. I need this weather to hold out for a couple more weeks. Garage door is going in this week, then siding and I'll be done. Spent all summer on this dang thing. It was about to fall over.....

This is that last stretch of good weather where we catch up on the seasonal projects and left overs from summer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom