88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I'm almost done rebuilding my entire garage. I need this weather to hold out for a couple more weeks. Garage door is going in this week, then siding and I'll be done. Spent all summer on this dang thing. It was about to fall over.....
    Sounds like quite the project. I really need to clean my garage out. There are engines for cars I don't own, project bits and pieces for stuff that was done years ago and all sorts of other junk filling the corners.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like quite the project. I really need to clean my garage out. There are engines for cars I don't own, project bits and pieces for stuff that was done years ago and all sorts of other junk filling the corners.

This year we have made a concerted effort to clear all non-essential stuff away and get it gone. The extra room and ability to organize is amazing.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've been becoming more of a "minimalist." Everything non-essential is mostly gone. It takes a weight off your shoulders. I no longer have crap just laying around collecting dust. If I don't use it, I sell it.

This year we have made a concerted effort to clear all non-essential stuff away and get it gone. The extra room and ability to organize is amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been becoming more of a "minimalist." Everything non-essential is mostly gone. It takes a weight off your shoulders. I no longer have crap just laying around collecting dust. If I don't use it, I sell it.

Sell, give, trash no matter. After cleaning out my dads place when he passed I promised I would not leave that mess for my kids plus the space it opens up is amazing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The older I get, the more I realize that owning stuff comes at a cost. Even the little things take a toll to own them. I used to think that having stuff was an end in itself but it all adds to the burden of clutter. As I age, I'm looking at more and more stuff and questioning what owning it brings to the table and more importantly, is whatever it brings worth the burden of having it. I often ask myself that if a magic tornado swept through the yard and just sucked all of the stuff out of the house and an insurance adjuster handed me the value of it, how much of that would I buy back. Very little, I think.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The older I get, the more I realize that owning stuff comes at a cost. Even the little things take a toll to own them. I used to think that having stuff was an end in itself but it all adds to the burden of clutter. As I age, I'm looking at more and more stuff and questioning what owning it brings to the table and more importantly, is whatever it brings worth the burden of having it. I often ask myself that if a magic tornado swept through the yard and just sucked all of the stuff out of the house and an insurance adjuster handed me the value of it, how much of that would I buy back. Very little, I think.

In the efforts we have put forth to clear away the burden I have 3 shelves in the shed next to the shop to clear out. Some of it will stay but a lot will go.
    They are big shelves. 3' deep and width of the shed across the back.

All the old racing stuff/spare engine parts and pieces/this that and the other have moved on.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It feels good to clean out stuff. My oldest was texting me about some coins she came across. As a result, I ended up giving her my coin collection. I had a blast with it 20 years ago, but it honestly gives me no joy today. Giving it to her will provide me with joy for the remainder of my life.

I have given so much stuff away recently, the kids are starting to think I'm dying. :laugh:

We we need to get some enjoyment from their inheritance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It feels good to clean out stuff. My oldest was texting me about some coins she came across. As a result, I ended up giving her my coin collection. I had a blast with it 20 years ago, but it honestly gives me no joy today. Giving it to her will provide me with joy for the remainder of my life.

I have given so much stuff away recently, the kids are starting to think I'm dying. :laugh:

I know what you are doing...:):

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My mom just downsized.....guess who's house she dumped half her crap at. :xmad:

Mom - here's a box of old plates
    me - I don't want a box of old plates
    mom - I'll just drop them off at your house while you're at work
    me - damnit

Some pack rats cant take things to the dump. Most of that **** wasn't even worth taking to goodwill.

When the kids show up, they leave with a car load of crap I don't have to move later. :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My mom just downsized.....guess who's house she dumped half her crap at. :xmad:

Mom - here's a box of old plates
    me - I don't want a box of old plates
    mom - I'll just drop them off at your house while you're at work
    me - damnit

Some pack rats cant take things to the dump. Most of that **** wasn't even worth taking to goodwill.

Pack rat does not even come close to describing my parents/grandparents

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Morning folks. Made it back from a long weekend in Asheville. Did not want to get up and come to work this morning. Have to head to Blooming this afternoon for another meeting that I am certain will be pointless.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Look what I built for Saturday......................................Who loves you guys...:cool:

uhrcrnz.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom