• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most of the weather went east of us last night, I'll check around today for trees down. Found of all things a pair of ivory grips for a Colt 1849, going to put them on the short barreled version I have as a sort of antique high end pocket gun after some cleanup. Pics later.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Izzat what you call your female associate?

Nope, the fat cat she brought home to us. If she's inside the bedroom with us, she paws at the door wanting out somewhere between 4 and 6. If she's outside she paws on the outside of the door wanting in. Leaving the door open lets the other cats in, who jump on us at all hours of the night interrupting sleep. No good options remaining and no, I'm not getting rid of the cats... :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nope, the fat cat she brought home to us. If she's inside the bedroom with us, she paws at the door wanting out somewhere between 4 and 6. If she's outside she paws on the outside of the door wanting in. Leaving the door open lets the other cats in, who jump on us at all hours of the night interrupting sleep. No good options remaining and no, I'm not getting rid of the cats... :):
    I've found launching a cat across the room when it would crawl on me at night to be a learning moment for the cat. Otherwise, I do have the same problem with the door. They either want in or out, so I leave it cracked enough, but they don't jump on me anymore.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ... I hadn't shot it, but it was the favorite gun of the main character in a book I had been reading since my 20s...
    Really long book or a slow reader? :D

I've found launching a cat across the room when it would crawl on me at night to be a learning moment for the cat....
    I had a friend do that with a Siamese decades ago. Broke it's leg and they spent a small fortune having the leg pinned.

It was a great cat and I ended up with it not too long after it was healed up.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Most of the weather went east of us last night, I'll check around today for trees down...
    Only got 1/2" of rain but lots of wind. I still have several dead ash trees that haven't snapped yet but did not hear any the cracking or thuds that I expected.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Really long book or a slow reader? :D

I had a friend do that with a Siamese decades ago. Broke it's leg and they spent a small fortune having the leg pinned.

It was a great cat and I ended up with it not too long after it was healed up.
    But does it still crawl on you when you are sleeping ?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Nope, the cat in question is the dumbest cat I've ever had. Doesn't learn at all. Sweet cat at times and a beautiful cat, but dumb as a bag of hair.
    Well, we've noted your decision to have and keep the cat. Thus eliminating the option for a solution to the problem that does not involve crate training a cat. We won't tell you not to complain about the cat anymore but we will note that you have chosen to keep that about which you complain. :stickpoke: :dunno:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, we've noted your decision to have and keep the cat. Thus eliminating the option for a solution to the problem that does not involve crate training a cat. We won't tell you not to complain about the cat anymore but we will note that you have chosen to keep that about which you complain. :stickpoke: :dunno:
    And it's not like the cat can take half his stuff, so well that's just on him at this point.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Nothing sweeter than finding this in the attic at 1030 last night. Heard a strange tick after everyone went to bed. Couldn't let it go until I found it. My guess is the skirt around the block up top, but I ain't no expert.
    c38c5a655de1a9614cd785be7b7e8b91.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Nothing sweeter than finding this in the attic at 1030 last night. Heard a strange tick after everyone went to bed. Couldn't let it go until I found it. My guess is the skirt around the block up top, but I ain't no expert.
    c38c5a655de1a9614cd785be7b7e8b91.jpg

Fixed a similar problem with the heater in the garage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom