The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I did a quick range trip today to test the 9mm factory barrel in the .40 P226. Other than not being able to find the 9mm recoil spring and having to use a tired .40/.357 spring, it was a success. The .40 Sig P226 runs 9mm just fine. I was running it with the 3 new 18 round 9mm mags as well as a couple of .40 mags. I had read on the Sig forum that you don’t need a conversion barrel and that a standard 9mm barrel will work fine since both use the same barrel bushing size.

That thing is a pussycat to shoot in 9mm. Another plus was that this was the first time I’ve shot more than 50 rounds through one gun at a time in about a year. I felt like I was blazing through a ton of ammo but it was only 165 rounds. 18 months ago, I’d not have though twice about burning through 250 rounds in a single trip, then going out the next day and doing it again. I can’t wait until those days return.
    I didn't realize that ..... about just being able to drop a 9mm barrel into my .40 P226 without problem. Good to know. Thanks ! :cheers:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Called PSS today and they have a CZ 457 but it's the LUX model, though they said it's the no iron sights version.

Just not interested in walnut and blue stuff. Would prefer synthetic stock, heavy barrel varmint model of some sort.
    Am I correct in thinking that you're seeking this in 17HMR, WS ?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Have you ever had one of those nights were you pour a couple of fingers of scotch and then add a bit too much water. So you adjust with a bit more scotch and find yourself with a tumbler full of scotch. That’s my evening right now.

There are worse problems to deal with in today’s world, so I’m just enjoying this one while I can.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Howdy folks. Was able to text with my Dad this morning. We went back to the hospital last night, kept him. His oxygen levels were down to 79-80... This morning he said he can finally say he’s feeling better, but with as low as he was, that’s not saying much. He’s in good spirits. So long as he’s not moving around his levels are ok.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Howdy folks. Was able to text with my Dad this morning. We went back to the hospital last night, kept him. His oxygen levels were down to 79-80... This morning he said he can finally say he’s feeling better, but with as low as he was, that’s not saying much. He’s in good spirits. So long as he’s not moving around his levels are ok.

Glad to hear he's improving Rusty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom