The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Howdy folks. Was able to text with my Dad this morning. We went back to the hospital last night, kept him. His oxygen levels were down to 79-80... This morning he said he can finally say he’s feeling better, but with as low as he was, that’s not saying much. He’s in good spirits. So long as he’s not moving around his levels are ok.

That's wonderful news, Rusty...I'll be praying for continued healing for both of your parents.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Howdy folks. Was able to text with my Dad this morning. We went back to the hospital last night, kept him. His oxygen levels were down to 79-80... This morning he said he can finally say he’s feeling better, but with as low as he was, that’s not saying much. He’s in good spirits. So long as he’s not moving around his levels are ok.

Glad to hear that Rusty. Prayers sent for a quick recovery

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Sounds like he's heading in the right direction. Great to hear!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm eyeing the At-One 457 Varmint....that one and the thumbhole one. Patience people......
    Definitely. I have no problem playing the long game to get my opportunity costs on something to line up.

I know some folks will say grab what you can, when you can, but this is not a commodity or a need.

It's a want, and I have no issues waiting for the right thing to line up at the right time.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    GM all. Howdy doody? Glad to hear the folks are improving. Let's continue this trend.

Been at Opa's all morning adjusting the garage doors. Had a nice visit with them with no turkey distractions. Oma is quite the character these days.

Oh, and Pickle Lady lives the SR22 I picked up for her from the pantless hiway yesterday. Winning all around!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've been doing a one-mile brisk walk every evening, as part of my diet/exercise program.
    These (2) geese are in the same spot every day. At first, they were disturbed by my presence, but now I pass within 30 inches of them. They've accepted me, and I stop and have a few words with them, while catching my breath.
    They crack me up ! ;)

geese%20on%20walk-L.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I've been doing a one-mile brisk walk every evening, as part of my diet/exercise program.
    These (2) geese are in the same spot every day. At first, they were disturbed by my presence, but now I pass within 30 inches of them. They've accepted me, and I stop and have a few words with them, while catching my breath.
    They crack me up ! ;)

geese%20on%20walk-L.jpg
    Are you sure they aren’t decoys?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Are you sure they aren’t decoys?
    I stop, and talk to them. At first, they both look up at me, then they look at each other, and then they both go back to staring straight-ahead (as pictured), as if I'm not even there.

I'ma telling you, it's uncanny ... and perhaps you're correct ..... but I have seen them walking out in the road upon occasion ! :):

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I stop, and talk to them. At first, they both look up at me, then they look at each other, and then they both go back to staring straight-ahead (as pictured), as if I'm not even there.

I'ma telling you, it's uncanny ... and perhaps you're correct ..... but I have seen them walking out in the road upon occasion ! :):
    I hear DNR is using AI now. Or Canadian spy tech.

I suggest you let them marinate.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They crack me up ! ;)

geese%20on%20walk-L.jpg
    I’ve chased many a goose off my parents pond. They must talk to their friends because I’ve never come across one that cared for my presence.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Where I lived before the woods they were pretty common, not as sociable as the ones that MM has found. People who lived in the addition around the lake fed them all the time.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    At my old job, there were unfriendly geese. One would not get off a lady's car, so the old grumpy guy at work went out and grabbed the goose by the neck and shook it. Goose was pissed but left and the lady could get to her car.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Most geese that I've encountered are unfriendly, but for some strange reason this pair is different. :dunno:
    Take some bread with you next time, they might be expecting to be fed. Do that a few times and they might start following you on your walk.

Years ago my dad fed a Canada that moved into the pond by the garage at the house. After a while it followed him around everywhere, I used to refer to it as his disciple. Sadly it took to staying on the porch at night instead of the pond and a coyote got it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom