The Danger in Watching Knife Review & Bushcraft Videos - BEWARE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So, for some reason I recently started watching knife review videos on youtube. When you do that, you see 1) guys obsessed with batoning knives through wood, and 2) bushcraft and survival videos. I'm learning a few things (in theory, not practical skill since I'm not practicing), but the key thing is that watching the videos has aggravated my knife addiction! Watching youtube has sent me on a knife-buying bender!

Am I the only one?

This leads me to believe that for people like me, youtube videos of people using and criticizing products is more effective advertising than television commercials or more traditional print and email advertising. Coincidence? Hmmmm . . .

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Are you saying you don't baton wood and create feather sticks for fire starting on a routine basis? Or are you saying you need excuses for new knives?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are you saying you don't baton wood and create feather sticks for fire starting on a routine basis? Or are you saying you need excuses for new knives?

Yes.

Is this your way of signaling you need a 12 step program for knives?

Yes.

I was half expecting you to reveal that you had somehow managed to cut yourself through the computer.

Ye . . . er . . . well, I didn't say that it did not happen, so . . .

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I do this all the time sir. I'm like **** my son is taking a nap let me see what bushcraft videos have dropped lol. I dig moat of them minus the purists who are all if its not a 3.5 inch blade with a scandi grind exactly .75 inches tall with a natural wood handle it isn't a true bushcraft blade lol.

I'm like bro does it cut cordage, wood, and food. Then I'm good :)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does it count that my checkbook has bled until it can bleed no more?

grumpy-cat-says-no.jpg.cf.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Checkbook? Do you keep it next to you Beta-max collection?

Ouch, man, very ouch.

For those keeping track of mean-time-to-injury for me, I accidentally stabbed the palm of my hand with a Kershaw about 15 minutes ago. Hemostasis achieved withing 30 seconds of applying direct pressure. Generic adhesive bandage applied, no IBD needed.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Check out lifethr0ughglass on Instagram... He has some bad ass knife raffles.. Right now is a one of a kind MSC. Find his raffle main page and buy a spot. Its fun and fair.

Helps me save some $ and have fun with knives too..

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Check out lifethr0ughglass on Instagram... He has some bad ass knife raffles.. Right now is a one of a kind MSC. Find his raffle main page and buy a spot. Its fun and fair.

Helps me save some $ and have fun with knives too..

20 spots at $165.00 per spot...you have a 5% chance of winning with the purchase of 1 spot, and he is making a killing.....taking in $3300 on a knife that is not worth more than $2800.00.......No Thank You...I'll Pass.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Checkbook? Do you keep it next to you Beta-max collection?

Hey!
    :bat:

Ouch, man, very ouch.

For those keeping track of mean-time-to-injury for me, I accidentally stabbed the palm of my hand with a Kershaw about 15 minutes ago. Hemostasis achieved withing 30 seconds of applying direct pressure. Generic adhesive bandage applied, no IBD needed.

Sigh of relief.
    Now the universe is at parity.
    I was worried there for a little.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Texting your dear friend Kirk at the gym to brag about how you haven't purchased a knife in 3 days does not count as actually going to your (much needed) 12 step knife addiction program tonight.

Top Bottom