• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember when he dropped out of the race from info John Sasso had leaked to the press about his plagiarizing Niel Kinnock's speeches. Considering the accusations that candidates just brush off today it made me think he would not stay in the race this time. Times change, people change.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What do you think Cuomo could have done better in NY?

Cuomo's and De Blasio's initial reaction to the virus was pretty much "we'll tell you when to worry." I don't think they took it seriously early enough. I don't think anyone did. But, I don't know if anyone really had enough information that early into it to know what to do. I've seen more than one article saying that the Subways were the primary way the virus spread all over the city. It certainly would have been a really good idea to shut that down really early on. But, to take those kinds of extraordinary steps would take extraordinary reasoning to do it.

I'm not trying to defend Cuomo or De Blasio. They're responsible as the leaders of the state and city. They're culpable to the extent that they knew what they should do and didn't do it, or to the extent they should have known or been prepared and weren't. I just don't think that point reaches the heights that people want it to be so that they can blame their leaders for all this.

Many people are quite eager to blame everything that's happening on them. But would some other leader have done better? After the fact they can claim it all they want. It appears that the decision makers at the federal, state, and local levels have all had some kind of come-to-jesus moment, and not all at the same time, where they realized that this could be really bad, and then they made those extraordinary decisions. There's a sort of disbelief common in times of disasters. People don't want to disrupt "normal" too much. "Oh, it's probably nothing" until they all have that "oh ****" moment.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Poor Joe.
    Trump has $187,000,000 in campaign funds and all Joe has is the entire news organizations of ABC,NBC,CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and PBS.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Others and Mr. Trump are starting to lump in FOX with them. OAN is one I hear a lot about now. I forget about them or I would check out their coverage more.

Poor Joe.
    Trump has $187,000,000 in campaign funds and all Joe has is the entire news organizations of ABC,NBC,CBS, CNN, MSNBC, and PBS.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Others and Mr. Trump are starting to lump in FOX with them. OAN is one I hear a lot about now. I forget about them or I would check out their coverage more.

Because FOX has a hand full of Nevertrumpers that are showing their true colors more everyday.
    They can only hide and fake it for so long before they BLOW.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I knew Shepherd Smith was but he left. Who else?

Because FOX has a hand full of Nevertrumpers that are showing their true colors more everyday.
    They can only hide and fake it for so long before they BLOW.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh.
    There is more negative reporting on Trump in one week on FOX than the total negative reporting on Obama in eight years on the other six networks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh.
    There is more negative reporting on Trump in one week on FOX than the total negative reporting on Obama in eight years on the other six networks.

Well maybe the first few years or so. When 0bama started harassing reporters who printed leaked stories they turned on him a little. Not like "Trump" style, but more like a slight reduction in fluffer pieces.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The more controversial one is, the more negative reporting will show up. Makes it easier to go negative. Don't have to research, just follow Mr. Trump on twitter and he will give you enough controversy.
    Obama was a lot more secretive and investigative journalist had to actually investigate.

Well maybe the first few years or so. When 0bama started harassing reporters who printed leaked stories they turned on him a little. Not like "Trump" style, but more like a slight reduction in fluffer pieces.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The more controversial one is, the more negative reporting will show up. Makes it easier to go negative. Don't have to research, just follow Mr. Trump on twitter and he will give you enough controversy.
    Obama was a lot more secretive and investigative journalist had to actually investigate.

Yeah, that is one explanation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

LULZ

giphy.gif

obama was not investigated or taken to task on every little ****ing thing like Trump because obama and the media are fellow travelers.
    They stopped just short of sucking his rod on a daily basis. Tingle up my leg.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

But c'mon. Yeah, a lot of the controversy Trump brings on himself. But, a lot of it is fabricated from not so much. They'll take something he said, and edit out a key word or two, and change the meaning to something that makes what he said look way worse than it was. Like leaving out the context of his infamous "they're not sending their best" remark to make it sound racist.

But sure, if Trump could stop tweeting stupid things, they'd have to fabricate a lot more. But since it's right there on Twitter, they can go with what he actually says.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LULZ

giphy.gif

obama was not investigated or taken to task on every little ****ing thing like Trump because obama and the media are fellow travelers.
    They stopped just short of sucking his rod on a daily basis. Tingle up my leg.

I thought Charlie Rose in his first interview of 0bama was going to get right to it under the table right then and there. It was clear that the press loved 0bama for at least the first few years. But as I said, they were less friendly after he started locking up reporters.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought Charlie Rose in his first interview of 0bama was going to get right to it under the table right then and there. It was clear that the press loved 0bama for at least the first few years. But as I said, they were less friendly after he started locking up reporters.

Well in fairness, the reason they are going after Trump is because he is also locking up reporters... wait...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I knew Shepherd Smith was but he left. Who else?

This is off my list. Did I miss anyone?

FOX News-
    Chris Wallace
    Shepard Smith
    Bret Baier
    Neil Cavuto
    Arthel Nevil
    Eric Shawn
    Gillian Turner

Others-
    Stirewalt
    Napolitano

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't disagree with that. I just think journalists are like most people. If they can make a living without having to work too hard, they will. Mr Trump's tweets provide a lot of fodder for them. They also twist most things so much that I won't accept a news report as fact unless there is a full transcript because they are so selective. However with a Tweet it's much harder to defend against because their brevity allows a lot of breadth for interpretation.

But c'mon. Yeah, a lot of the controversy Trump brings on himself. But, a lot of it is fabricated from not so much. They'll take something he said, and edit out a key word or two, and change the meaning to something that makes what he said look way worse than it was. Like leaving out the context of his infamous "they're not sending their best" remark to make it sound racist.

But sure, if Trump could stop tweeting stupid things, they'd have to fabricate a lot more. But since it's right there on Twitter, they can go with what he actually says.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I can definitely see Napolitano on that list. (Shepherd Smith left). What I have seen from Chris Wallace seems to be critical but fair. Same with Cavuto. I admit I don't watch much cable new much but it is on FOX at work all day long.

This is off my list. Did I miss anyone?

FOX News-
    Chris Wallace
    Shepard Smith
    Bret Baier
    Neil Cavuto
    Arthel Nevil
    Eric Shawn
    Gillian Turner

Others-
    Stirewalt
    Napolitano