Not open for further replies.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Meh.
    All she's saying is Californicate raises more money so their opinions count more than others.
    It's the same attitude that since Progressives are smarter than others, ii is only right that they vote several times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Meh.
    All she's saying is Californicate raises more money so their opinions count more than others.
    It's the same attitude that since Progressives are smarter than others, ii is only right that they vote several times.
    All right. How about this. We have the guns. Therefore, I propose a new voting rule. Each person gets one vote for being an adult citizen of the united states. Such citizens get one additional vote for every gun owned.

If that were made law, I predict that all guns would be recovered from all those tragic boating accidents.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    All right. How about this. We have the guns. Therefore, I propose a new voting rule. Each person gets one vote for being an adult citizen of the united states. Such citizens get one additional vote for every gun owned.

If that were made law, I predict that all guns would be recovered from all those tragic boating accidents.
    How about we vote "Top Shot" style? Check in at the voting precinct, they hand you a single .45 round, and you go to the target range where this is a single 1911 waiting for you. Load up, and shoot the target for your candidate. You miss? You can't manage to load up? Shoot yourself in the foot? No vote for you.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The man is so stupid.

If farmers and machinists are so stupid he should stop eating and walk everywhere he goes.

I suppose he also has disdain for carpenters and tailors so he should walk around naked and sleep in Central Park.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

But that potentially leads to you giving .Gov an official inventory of what firearms you have. Oops

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here is the entire quote from the little man...

"The agrarian society lasted 3,000 years and we could teach processes. I could teach anybody, even people in this room, no offense intended, to be a farmer," Bloomberg said. "It's a process. You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn. You could learn that. Then we had 300 years of the industrial society. You put the piece of metal on the lathe, you turn the crank in the direction of the arrow and you can have a job. And we created a lot of jobs. At one point, 98 percent of the world worked in agriculture, now it's 2 percent in the United States."

"Now comes the information economy and the information economy is fundamentally different because it's built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets that you have to learn are how to think and analyze, and that is a whole degree level different. You have to have a different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter. It's not clear the teachers can teach or the students can learn, and so the challenge of society of finding jobs for these people, who we can take care of giving them a roof over their head and a meal in their stomach and a cell phone and a car and that sort of thing. But the thing that is the most important, that will stop them from setting up a guillotine someday, is the dignity of a job"

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The man is so stupid.

If farmers and machinists are so stupid he should stop eating and walk everywhere he goes.

I suppose he also has disdain for carpenters and tailors so he should walk around naked and sleep in Central Park.

There seems to be no end to the source material Bloomy has put out there when he really was just a billionaire speaking his elitist mind...

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

How about we go back to the original voting rules that only landowners get to vote?

Don't get me wrong, we can change a couple of aspects to be "modern", minorities and women can vote too...as long as they are landowners.

Not mortgagor. Clear title landowner.

That might change things...a lot.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    How about we go back to the original voting rules that only landowners get to vote?

Don't get me wrong, we can change a couple of aspects to be "modern", minorities and women can vote too...as long as they are landowners.

Not mortgagor. Clear title landowner.

That might change things...a lot.

I'd go with those that actually contribute income tax money to the government. If you do not contribute money, you shouldn't get a say in how it is spent. I still have a mortgage on my 10 acres and a house at 30 years old, but i contribute quite a bit of tax money to the government.

ISP3435

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Every time I hear them speak, all I can think of is the line from Billy Madison after he gets done talking about the puppy who lost his way.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The man is so stupid.

If it weren't for farmers we would all be hungry, naked and sober.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    His clothes are all bespoke, made in foreign countries.

It is OK for them to be farmers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    How about we vote "Top Shot" style? Check in at the voting precinct, they hand you a single .45 round, and you go to the target range where this is a single 1911 waiting for you. Load up, and shoot the target for your candidate. You miss? You can't manage to load up? Shoot yourself in the foot? No vote for you.

Wouldn't this ensure that only people over the age of 80 are able to vote?

:stickpoke:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Why don't we give the candidates a running start....from say, 150 meters. And give voters a .308 with one cartridge?

Nah, that's too much like the Vince Foster lottery......

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    But letting Women vote is what started this whole mess in the first place. :xmad:
    CY23iPN.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom