• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryansgirl8385

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Anderson,Indiana
    Its sad that people get animals and can't properly care for them which ends up giving the animal a bad rep Rotties are not bad dogs in almost 99.9% of dog attacks its due to the owners not taking care of the animals or treating them how they should be treated. My husband and I are a proud owner of a Rottie , he is a big baby, and love him to death, I'm glad your okay!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Glad to see Officer K is such a well educated man by his excellent spelling on the police report :rolleyes:

Personally, I would have accepted the offer to go on Judge Judy, I think she would have been on your side :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A few points;

• Officer K. also asked me if I had a license to carry a handgun. I replied in the affirmative, and produced that document and my driver’s license to him.
    Um, if you were on your own property, you wouldn't have even needed one...correct?

• I liked your email to the police chief.
    • Another story I'm working on
    Wellll...chop, chop!!

• Five days later, I received a threatening certified letter from the dog owner demanding payment for their vet bills…
    • This part ^ still gripes me...but this part made me nearly hurl: her claim against me to the maximum allowed by small claims court law…$6000...claiming mental pain and anguish for her entire family, and a changed personality of the injured dog.

• "on my property" did not get stressed enough.

• You should have rented your dignity out to Judge Judy to satisfy the morbid curiosity of your audience...I might have actually hooked the TV back up for that one..

• Nice Mellencamp reference at the end.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think I understand why the officer thought the 9mm wouldn't be enough, and why he was worried about ricochets.

These were WROUGHTweilers, as it said in the report. Apparently a cross between rottweilers and raw iron. Clearly those rounds could have hit them and ended up anywhere.

Wroughtweiler. That's one tough dog.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Fantastic write up! Thanks for that. Glad it worked out relatively well, I know it's BS that you had to pay anything. I hope it keeps the dirtbags quiet though.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    You're a better man than I. Me and Mr Police Officer would have been going round and round. I'll be goddamed if they are going to "confiscate" my property for shootin a beligerant dog on MY OWN property....

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Walther,after having read this while consuming the better half of a case of good ol' Billy beer like most of us gun totin' red neckin' God fearing war mongers,I fear the system has let you down for merely doing a procedural error of not calling the BGPD first. I feel it's their fault as they should've been patroling that area keeping us war mongers in our houses for fear of running into one of them. I propose you file a civil suit against them for not being there before you called. Oh wait,that's not their job to keep you safe,huh? That has been proven in court many times. I loved your blog and I too,have a smilar incident that happened to me. you see,even tho I am of them,I am not immune from the same sit-rep you experienced. But I digress,this is your story not mine! :patriot: BTW-Happy Veterans Day Marine!! (from an ex-swabbie)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Walter, you is an excellent writer. ;)

I look forward to reading more stories. Thanks for sharing PITA experiences.

Iceandfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    7 miles from Medora, IN
    Walter,
    Thank you for giving all of us a great explanation of this event. I cannot imagine a similar blog from the hateful neighbor being anything close to such a complete clarification of the events. I'm glad you are able to put this behing you.
    Happy Veterans Day... and good shooting!

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Well written. I had a similar experience except with 2 large pitbulls. I know how you felt in the moment, luckily for the pits I wasn't carrying but I do now everytime I take my German Shephard out.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I guess the moral to this story is that you should have remained in your home for the remainder of the day, a prisoner to the irresponsible actions of others. This just plain sucks.

Oh well, thanks for telling the story. Between this and Liberty Sanders' story, I'm thinking I won't report anything if I'm in a similar situation.

Top Bottom