• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I lived in a small town for 11 years with numerous problems with neighborhood dogs. One in particular liked to come on my property growling and showing his teeth at me. We called animal control and the cops multiple times and it never did any good. They always said they had to see it off of the neighbors property to do anything about it. It always took them at least 20 minutes to show up and they can see the dog running loose on the neighbors property.

I asked multiple times if we had an ordinance against discharging a firearm in town and never once got a straight answer. But as soon as I would threaten to kill the dog, the cops would say that I would be in trouble for doing so. That I had to be in danger if I shot it. Well, like you and Liberty Sander's case, the arriving officer will determine after he shows up 20 minutes later if I was in danger or not. It seems as though they want to threaten and lecture us law abiding citizens because we are the only ones that will listen to them.

I now live on 27 acres and own a backhoe. What dog are you talking about? I haven't seen it. I've said on this forum before that back in the day, if your dog was shot anywhere but your property, it was your tough luck. They now pass these laws saying you can be charged with animal cruelty and who knows what else if you shoot a dog in self defence. Back in the day, if you had a problem with a neighbor's dog, you tried to work it out. Now, the worst thing you can do is warn your neighbor as you will be brought up on charges.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    My super secret spy technology is indicating that this story at my blog site is getting some OTHER attention! :shady:

Must be Obama's thugs checkin' me out. I bet I made their list. :scared:

govtspies.jpg

just imagine how many times they visit ingo, :cool:

Coydog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Fort Greenwood
    Peeper Spray

I was once on the other side of that fence. Someone had gone around my house looking in the windows when we were gone. We knew because our German Shepherd had torn the curtains off and some of the screens. One day we were playing with her in the front yard when she alerted to a couple of teenagers walking down the road. She wasn’t an aggressive dog but I knew that look on her face. Before I could grab her she peeled out making a rooster tail of grass as she charged. She hit one of the boys in thecrotch like a torpedo knocking his legs out from under him and took a bite of his giblets. He shrieked writhing in pain as he clutched his groin. Our dog returned to us directly after doing her dirty work. The kid then tore off his pants desperate to check on his package. He got up and continued screaming at us that he would sue us for everything we had as his companion helped him limp home.

A few minutes later his dad drifted their car around the corner coming to a stop long enough to repeat the promise his kid had made. We knew that our dog had nailed the right man but we also knew that we were screwed. Funny thing though when they returned from the hospital the dad was conciliatory and even jovial. He said the kid was all right and that we were off the hook.

I have used pepper spray successfully against a couple dozen dogs though I have only sprayed two. Usually a squirt between the dog and me is sufficient.

Top Bottom