• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    A congressman reportedly told one of the folks on The Five that he found the report underwhelming.

It's seems like anything political these days is sensationalized beyond belief when being reported. Let's take a look at this thing, then we can come to our own conclusion. I'm not going to get whipped up in a liberal like Trump frenzy over speculation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It’s a memo, written by a partisan Republican reporting on alledged shenanigans of the opposing administration past. How credibly would you all take that if, say, it came out that A partisan Democrat had written a memo about some investigation into Trump? I’d say, don’t get your hopes up. It’s cloudy. It looks like rain. But the forecast for Democrat tears may be premature.

First, the memo would be just allegations. It takes more than a memo to convict a politician in the court of public opinion. It has to be credible and supported with facts. Just hold your exuberance until you see it for yourself, and hear the facts that back it up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Doc, I appreciate the positive sentiment...but, that post should've been in purple. ;)

I know.

you disagree it’s worse than watergate? This is a planned scheme by a sitting administration to collude with a candidate to lie to a court in order to get a warrant to spy on her opponent in an effort to swing an election and fraudulently obtain the presidency. That allegation is well above watergate. Using the government to sway an election, that is third world dictator stuff.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I know.

you disagree it’s worse than watergate? This is a planned scheme by a sitting administration to collude with a candidate to lie to a court in order to get a warrant to spy on her opponent in an effort to swing an election and fraudulently obtain the presidency. That allegation is well above watergate. Using the government to sway an election, that is third world dictator stuff.

Deja Vu? Not up on my Watergate history but seem to recall that Nixon was pretty much a shoe in to win the election against the other party's poor candidate so there was really no need to send the plumbers to the hotel. Once Hillary cheated Bernie out of any chance I thought everyone was planning her coronation since she was certain to win against an apparently unelectable candidate. Why were the dirty illegal tricks necessary other than the egos of people in power?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Deja Vu? Not up on my Watergate history but seem to recall that Nixon was pretty much a shoe in to win the election against the other party's poor candidate so there was really no need to send the plumbers to the hotel. Once Hillary cheated Bernie out of any chance I thought everyone was planning her coronation since she was certain to win against an apparently unelectable candidate. Why were the dirty illegal tricks necessary other than the egos of people in power?

Why necessary? Remember, the goal isn't "just" to win the Presidency. A good "October Surprise" which runs up the score to -20 points in the Prez election (in theory) can cause a bunch of Republicans to stay home on election day because the White House is "unwinnable," which in turn demolishes their down-ballot candidates, and turns over Congress, too***. The Republican Party wanted Trump to "lose close." But the Democrats wanted him to "lose big." They wanted
    1964 Barry Goldwater or Nixon again. They "had" the Presidency in the bag (smirk);). They wanted everything else, too.

(***unfortunately for Democrats, they found to their chagrin that this thinking can keep the lazier sort of Democrat voter, of which there are many, home on Election Day, also).

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Doc, I appreciate the positive sentiment...but, that post should've been in purple. ;)

Now we can see how Obama got elected twice and Hillary almost did.
    Treason? What Treason? All i see is double rainbows it's so beautiful. And I know Kut is a smart guy so what is it that keeps democrats or other voters from seeing the obvious? Maybe it's because a lot of their voters are criminals themselves and they like a party that breaks the law?

And I agree Doc, Trump is kicking ass and taking names. He has done an awesome job as president and I can't wait to see how much more he wrecks the swamp!

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It’s a memo, written by a partisan Republican reporting on alledged shenanigans of the opposing administration past. How credibly would you all take that if, say, it came out that A partisan Democrat had written a memo about some investigation into Trump? I’d say, don’t get your hopes up. It’s cloudy. It looks like rain. But the forecast for Democrat tears may be premature.

First, the memo would be just allegations. It takes more than a memo to convict a politician in the court of public opinion. It has to be credible and supported with facts. Just hold your exuberance until you see it for yourself, and hear the facts that back it up.

An internal memo written by and for the republicans isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Release it not. It's useless drivel.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An internal memo written by and for the republicans isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I'm not so dismissive. There is probably elements of truth in it. I would welcome it being released, along with all accompanying information. If wrongdoing is found, I'd expect those responsible to pay for it according to their crimes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Because it’s a partisan memo, I think it’s dubious to declare much about it at all. I think I’d agree with Kut here, let’s see it, and figure out if there’s anything to it. And there could be.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Because it’s a partisan memo, I think it’s dubious to declare much about it at all. I think I’d agree with Kut here, let’s see it, and figure out if there’s anything to it. And there could be.

We'll know if there is anything to it and it starts to gain attention...there'll be a plane crash, a horrific snow storm (ie one that hits the DC area), a mass shooting somewhere and *POOF* it'll be old news and long forgotten.

Top Bottom