• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well you've thought it out logically, that's for sure. I had a YJ on 33s and a stock TJ. Both with the 4.0 and a manual.

Bro has a 22 Willy's sport XR. It's light-years ahead of my old ones. I could live with one, would have one if I had another vehicle to DD.

I'm also not in any hurry. Nothing wrong with my 16 F-150.
    I’m probably not gonna get the XR package. I’ve anguished about that. I just can’t justify the extra 4 grand. The 35’s would be great. Bead locks. And the suspension upgrades are hard to pass up. And the 4.88 gears. If I were 10 years younger I’d do it.

I’ll probably just order the Rubicon because I want the front lockers and I don’t want to have to get under the thing to disconnect the sway bars. I’ll probably leave it mostly stock except for front and rear bumpers. Maybe a modest lift.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I currently have an XJ. Mostly factory stock. Upcountry clone suspension, 235-75/15 tires.

In the process of a rebuild of sorts. Had one back in the 90's. It was and '88, this one is a '99.

Handy vehicle for us poors...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Went through Indianapolis today....came across a bunch of "Jeeps" with 33", "cargo net" doors, light bars, etc.... one had a winch. All shined up.

I doubt any of those Jeeps have ever or will ever see as much as a dirt road.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I have never figured out folks drive such highly kitted out 4x4’s that will never leave the road and kept so waxed, shiney and clean.

To each their own, but I wish I had that much cash to waste.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have never figured out folks drive such highly kitted out 4x4’s that will never leave the road and kept so waxed, shiney and clean.

To each their own, but I wish I had that much cash to waste.
    Same concept as people driving heavy duty pickup trucks that won't ever haul anything bigger than maybe a pop up camper.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I may have mentioned this up thread but I would probably buy the Black Diamond edition. Enough of the basics included. I’d maybe upgrade the wheels, either factory or aftermarket. I’m not the buyer who desires the up level models.

It would be really nice if you could order the options you want without having to purchase packages.

But I’d have to time machine to the 70’s to be able to do that.

Top Bottom