• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [video=youtube;RL9l2Z7sh2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL9l2Z7sh2g[/video]

I still have a Sega Game Gear and the Sonic game that came with it. Haven't looked at it in years. I should see if it still works.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Jamil said:
    I still have a Sega Game Gear and the Sonic game that came with it. Haven't looked at it in years. I should see if it still works.

Game Gear was pretty sweet for its time, nearly Sega quality graphically... but not a lot of games handled the small screen well. Sonic games didn't do well at all... the idea of having to go fast, but have no idea what's ahead of you on the screen... I think I even had the TV Tuner addon for it.

In other news...

Kotaku baby doesn't like being called a baby.

DQM4Q8LW0AAYsb0.jpg:small

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Game Gear was pretty sweet for its time, nearly Sega quality graphically... but not a lot of games handled the small screen well. Sonic games didn't do well at all... the idea of having to go fast, but have no idea what's ahead of you on the screen... I think I even had the TV Tuner addon for it.

In other news...

Kotaku baby doesn't like being called a baby.

DQM4Q8LW0AAYsb0.jpg:small
    It might be time to move to the mountains and unplug. The world is getting to be too stupid.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That kind of humor is part of Wolf3d's genome. For me, that is one of those, "Don't like it? Don't play it." Things.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Oh, completely unrelated... but I'm ordering the new IT laptops for work today. I couldn't convince the boss to do the 1070 GPU or 2k LCD... but these are definitely nice.

(context: current work laptop is an Alienware R3)

dUoHpuO.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya GPIshvvhughaydnoughshr, didn't you mean to post this in the General Technology thread? ;) :D

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh, completely unrelated... but I'm ordering the new IT laptops for work today. I couldn't convince the boss to do the 1070 GPU or 2k LCD... but these are definitely nice.

(context: current work laptop is an Alienware R3)

dUoHpuO.png

They but you gaming laptops for work? Interesting.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They but you gaming laptops for work? Interesting.

IT needs high-performance! And what's better for that? Also much more expandable than the Latitude line of laptops the users get.

Being able to play games while stuck in a hotel overnight is just icing on the cake.

Pretty lax company. Some users have been getting Surface Pro's lately.

Jordan_J

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    Muncie
    My last job gave me a laptop and a solid desktop for my office with 12 GB of RAM that was upgraded to 16 GB, a generic lower end GPU (I don't remember which exactly), and an i7 4770. I played some games on it from time to time when work was slow and it was nice. The laptop was sub-par though and wasn't worth trying to play a game on there. My new job is kind of in the same boat as far as the laptop being too weak to even want to try and game on. I have a Switch and 3DS to meet my portable gaming needs though. There are a few employees here with 17-18" gaming laptops issued from the company because they need performance for graphic design or other things and so they ended up getting gaming laptops. Sadly, I don't even think any of them game.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The laptop my employer gives me is meant for work. It's a mac, which makes for a great development machine, but for gaming, not so much.

Heya GPIshvvhughaydnoughshr, didn't you mean to post this in the General Technology thread? ;) :D

There's a technology thread?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There's a technology thread?

why are we even ingo friends if you aren't paying attention on your user control panel. this relationship is reaching a rocky point.

In Nintendo news, there were concerns that the new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could be censored... but it looks like the game made it here visually in-tact... which has the usual crowd whining. (As far as what may have been censored... it seems some Judeo-Christian symbolism was changed... which is odd since religion has a big part in the story.)

Shame they don't realize the character was designed by a woman named Ebata Risa. She started working on adult games straight out of high school.

DQH9YNJUQAArI3Q.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    why are we even ingo friends if you aren't paying attention on your user control panel. this relationship is reaching a rocky point.

In Nintendo news, there were concerns that the new Xenoblade Chronicles 2 could be censored... but it looks like the game made it here visually in-tact... which has the usual crowd whining. (As far as what may have been censored... it seems some Judeo-Christian symbolism was changed... which is odd since religion has a big part in the story.)

Shame they don't realize the character was designed by a woman named Ebata Risa. She started working on adult games straight out of high school.

DQH9YNJUQAArI3Q.jpg

That poor... woman's(?) back...

Top Bottom