• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Teaser Trailer for "Death Stranding", a new Hideo Kojima game.

... The man is insane in the best way.

Cast includes Norman Reedus, Guillermo del Toro and Mads Mikkelsen

[video=youtube;H2Hy96sOnq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Hy96sOnq8[/video]

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wuuuuut did I just watch.

(Texture mapping has come a long way in 5 years. Not to mention facial expressions.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    18dkp6qgjq2y.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Any good suggestions? I haven't really been keeping up with a lot of the more current games.

R
    Rocket League- trust me. I slept on this for so long and definitely regret it. for $12 its a steal

World of Tanks- just recently got into this, very fun, and free

Farming Simulator 17- I dont play this much because I dont have time, its really slow. not something you can get in a quick session with. But it is fun and relaxing if you like to play for longer periods of time.

but most of all

Rocket League

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    R
    Rocket League- trust me. I slept on this for so long and definitely regret it. for $12 its a steal

World of Tanks- just recently got into this, very fun, and free

Farming Simulator 17- I dont play this much because I dont have time, its really slow. not something you can get in a quick session with. But it is fun and relaxing if you like to play for longer periods of time.

but most of all

Rocket League

What have you done to me!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Looking forward to the Castlevania series...

For Honor is in open beta this weekend, anyone else checking it out? The learning curve is steep but the graphics are good and not too heavy on my card. Just seems like "low activity" in most of the game modes so not very many people on it yet. Maybe as the weekend progresses. Still haven't had to wait more than a few minutes for a match...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone planning to get the Nintendo Switch at launch?

The embargo on launch-game reviews... as well as Nintendo's history of artificial shortages has been enough to keep my hype levels in-check.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As a GenXer, I see the switch as another Nintendo gimmick.

The laws of nature deign that real gaming is stationary.

It is done in front of a PC on a qwerty keyboard, with a thick reference manual and a worn out left mouse button.

A viable substitute is a console. Again, stationary, with empty bags of Doritos and half-filled bottles of Mountain Dew, realizing its 3:00 in the morning all of a sudden, and your wrists are cramped into roughly the form of a pugilistic attitude associated with thermal contraction.

Games on phones are for when bored on buses, trains, meetings, and children's recitals. It isn't real gaming.

And get off my lawn.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Anyone planning to get the Nintendo Switch at launch?

The embargo on launch-game reviews... as well as Nintendo's history of artificial shortages has been enough to keep my hype levels in-check.

Nintendo? Never heard of them. Anymore. They no longer exist in my gaming universe. The NES Classic launch was the final nail in their coffin. There is no redemption from that. You either want people to buy your ****, or you don't. Apparently they don't.

That said, my wife insists that we're going to get a Nintendo Switch. :rolleyes: I'm going to hold out for principle. **** Nintendo.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As a GenXer, I see the switch as another Nintendo gimmick.

The laws of nature deign that real gaming is stationary.

It is done in front of a PC on a qwerty keyboard, with a thick reference manual and a worn out left mouse button.

A viable substitute is a console. Again, stationary, with empty bags of Doritos and half-filled bottles of Mountain Dew, realizing its 3:00 in the morning all of a sudden, and your wrists are cramped into roughly the form of a pugilistic attitude associated with thermal contraction.

Games on phones are for when bored on buses, trains, meetings, and children's recitals. It isn't real gaming.

And get off my lawn.

There seems to be an interesting divide with regards to console and PC gaming.

PC gamers tend to respect, and own, Nintendo consoles. Perhaps due to the first-party titles on it never reaching PC.

Console (Playstation and XBox) gamers tend to stick to those consoles. PC gamers already have the superior versions of any cross-platform title... and the first-party console titles on these systems don't tend to make-or-break them. PS and XB live on third-party.

Regarding the Switch - It's definitely a gimmick. I don't expect to see groups of hipsters gathered on top of buildings in Manhattan playing Mario Party. But, the relatively low price combined with the potential for good first-party games is what keeps me interested in Nintendo consoles. Not sure how I feel about the new Mario... but Breath of the Wild definitely looks interesting (Zelda cross w/ Skyrim). I have high hopes for a couple of my favorite Nintendo franchises to see sequels on the Switch.

That... and I'll likely use it as my media center in the living room at home. The Wii U is essentially exclusively used for Crunchyroll and Netflix.

A couple PS games have tempted me recently... Bloodborne and Neir: Automata... but Dark Souls 3 sated my BB fix, and Neir is supposed to get a PC release eventually. It all works out.

Nintendo? Never heard of them. Anymore. They no longer exist in my gaming universe. The NES Classic launch was the final nail in their coffin. There is no redemption from that. You either want people to buy your ****, or you don't. Apparently they don't.

That said, my wife insists that we're going to get a Nintendo Switch. :rolleyes: I'm going to hold out for principle. **** Nintendo.

Nintendo does turn me off with a lot of their anti-consumer moves. As I mentioned before... the artificial shortages really **** me off. But... they know how to make money on that craving for nostalgia. The virtual console (reselling old games) helps re-introduce new players to old stuff... but they can't live on that forever. They make 3-4 great games for a console... then move onto the next one. The rest of the library ends up being low-effort crap.

Top Bottom