• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You have no idea how pissed off about this game that I am. I get Bethesda is taking chances, but they should at least release this wth some else single player, in tandem. The reason why people are pissed, is that the multi-player games are nothing more than massive money grabs. I have no doubt that Bethesda will be successful with this game, and bring people in to multi-player onboard. The fear that people like me have, is that they will abandon the thing that made them successful in the first place.

I'm just hoping The Elder Scrolls 6 is pure and untouched by any sort of online/multiplayer features.

The strength in these games was the deep single-player experience. Hopefully since TES Online is a thing, TES6 will remain single player.

It's a shame seeing Fallout head in this direction... perhaps a legit "Fallout 5" could be announced shortly after 76.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm very excited for the Re-Mars-tered edition of Red Faction Guerrilla. While the campaign was mediocre the multi-player was a lot of fun.

I'm just hoping The Elder Scrolls 6 is pure and untouched by any sort of online/multiplayer features.

The strength in these games was the deep single-player experience. Hopefully since TES Online is a thing, TES6 will remain single player.

It's a shame seeing Fallout head in this direction... perhaps a legit "Fallout 5" could be announced shortly after 76.
    There are a lot of interesting decisions being made by AAA studios. Are we now past the peak of video games as innovative entertainment, and moving more towards a Hollywood-esque formulaic model?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You have no idea how pissed off about this game that I am. I get Bethesda is taking chances, but they should at least release this wth some else single player, in tandem. The reason why people are pissed, is that the multi-player games are nothing more than massive money grabs. I have no doubt that Bethesda will be successful with this game, and bring people in to multi-player onboard. The fear that people like me have, is that they will abandon the thing that made them successful in the first place.
    I agree totally. I love the single player games, and I have no use for multiplayer games.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If people would quit buying the games with bad DRM and tell them they are not buying it because of it, at some point they would scale it back. Gamers are suckers though. They let company after company take advantage of them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If people would quit buying the games with bad DRM and tell them they are not buying it because of it, at some point they would scale it back. Gamers are suckers though. They let company after company take advantage of them.

Yep.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm doubt they'll do that to Elder Scrolls, after releasing their online version. That series IS their bread and butter... Fallout really came to prominence with 4 (despite 3 and Vegas being Awesome).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    PewDiePie talks about the recent moral panic about "Doki Doki Literature Club" game, uncovers the fact that the media is actually talking about a different game.

The game is being blamed for the suicide of a 15 year old boy.

The dad learned about the game, and blamed it for his death.

Essentially, he points out that the media blaming the game don't know what the **** they're talking about. They're bringing up specific points about "the game" that aren't applicable to the game at all.

I'm not embedding PDP's video because I've linked a timestamp 6 minutes and 39 seconds in... which doesn't work with embedded videos. Clicking the link will go directly to the relevant part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUss83f8Hz0&feature=youtu.be&t=6m39s

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If not, then I will buy more of their products in the future.

If it is... I'll be pissed, but damn, it would be damn near impossible to not buy their single player stuff. Now if those games suffer, I'm out.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If it is... I'll be pissed, but damn, it would be damn near impossible to not buy their single player stuff. Now if those games suffer, I'm out.
    If the direction of the company is multi-player online crap, there wouldn't be much single player stuff left to buy.

I don't understand why more people won't hold these companies accountable. Instead they line up money in hand to give it to them for whatever new stupid money grabbing idea they have.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    10 Best New iOS and Android (paid) games of June 2018

10. Gleam of Fire - polished platformer.
    9. Istanbul: Digital Edition - Digital version of the classic board game.
    8. Evoland 2 - Unique RPG, graphics-style "evolves" from gameboy > 8bit > 16bit > 3d, etc.
    7. Golf Club: Wasteland - Satirical look at post-apocalyptic earth where rich come to golf.
    6. Card Quest - Card-based dungeon crawler.
    5. Six Ages - Narrative game...
    4. Suzy Cube - 3D platformer. Mario-like.
    3. Muse Dash - Endless runner, rhythm.
    2. Dungeon Maker: Dark Lord - Card-based dungeon making board game.
    1. Bloons TD 6 - Tower-defense

[video=youtube;9QUPihmJq-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QUPihmJq-A[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 20 upcoming games of 2018 (2nd half)

20. Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Wife has this one on pre-order, big Spyro fan.
    19. Code Vein... anime-style Dark Souls. Looks fun.
    18. FIFA 19.
    17. Super Mario Party.
    16. Overkill's The Walking Dead. Made by the devs behind "Payday", looks like a pretty impressive first-person Walking Dead game.
    15. Octopath Traveler. Yes please.
    14. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. A casual approach, appealing to Pokemon GO fans. A new mainline game expected later.
    13. Hitman 2. Non-episodic, sequel to the "new" style Hitman game.
    12. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII. No single-player... just MP.
    11. Soul Caliber 6. It has Geralt from The Witcher 3!
    10. Battlefield V.
    9. Just Cause 4.
    8. Forza Horizon 4.
    7. Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Supposed to finally wrap up how Lara becomes the Tomb Raider.
    6. Megaman 11.
    5. Assassin's Creed Odyssey. AC in Ancient Greece.
    4. Fallout 76. Always online, shared world. Camp defense.
    3. Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Smash with all previous characters and a couple new ones.
    2. Spider Man.
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2.

[video=youtube;SmyHNw1JT68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmyHNw1JT68[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    15. Octopath looks like a FF throwback. Me likely
    13. I loved the Hitman reboot, I completed all the episodes (in the "main" way) they were really intricate. I still need to go back and do the side missions
    6. & 5. definatly look forward to those
    4. Go to hell Bethesda
    1. RDR! -nuff said

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, in Virtual Boy Wario Land, finishing the game with all treasures in under two hours will result in Wario being joined by this unknown woman on his flight home during the game's credits scene.

Game developer 'Devolver Digital' just tweeted: "This mystery woman’s story needs to be told, @NintendoAmerica. Let us tell it."

DhmyksoXcAgoYHk.png:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    9. Mercy Pink Skin in Overwatch for a $15 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Blizzard has raised nearly $10 million from players toward the BCRF.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21758132

And people say video games aren't good... Never underestimate the power of millions of people with expendable income seeking unique skins.

The Pink Mercy skin campaign raised over $12.7 million for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Thank You! Pink Mercy Raises More Than 12.7 Million (USD) for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - News - Overwatch

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Subnautica is now in my top 5 games ever played. $25 and from the developer that is only famous for "Natural Selection" which was a half-life mod. Amazing.

Top Bottom