• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Yeah that's definitely the downside of PC gaming. Consent needs/wants for upgrades! PUBG is a blast but also probably the most frustrating game I have ever played. Don't you love it when your in top 10 and catch a random head shot as you are crossing the road? Lol. I have recently adapted the way I play for the sake of more action and fun. My win ratio has suffered for it!

Lol, ya I usually play with my buddies in a squad, they like to search for loot the ENTIRE game. Literally, there will be 15 guys left and one still wants to run in the buildings to find an extended mag or something ridiculous, then when he dies he screams for us to revive him :rolleyes: I like jumping in the busiest spots and getting my loot from people I kill.

And honestly, by the time you buy the newest console every 5 years, pay higher prices for games, plus yearly membership fees pc is actually cheaper, even with upgrading every so often. My problem is I built one just for iracing 5 years ago and my motherboard won’t take the new processors, so I have to pretty much start from scratch. And the data mining has made prices skyrocket so I’m waiting for them to come down before I build a new one. Best Buy has some VR ready PCs right now for 1400, considered going that route.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I upgraded my computer to be able to some better video editing and I downloaded fortnite to play with my oldest.

I was a gaming god 15 years ago... somehow, after not playing any games in 15 years, not so much anymore lol.

I should be doing video gaming videos, banking cash and not getting demonetized... if only I didn't suck at gaming now :dunno:

LOL I tried fortnite to see what the hype was all about. After getting killed within the first 30 seconds by a 8 year old every time I land I gave up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So so what games does everyone here play, and what platform do you play on? Gpia always gives the run down on the gaming industry, but I’ve never really seen you mention a game you play. I’m guessing you’re a pc gamer judging by the games you usually do talk about.
    This week I've gone back in time and dusted off Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed.

I just bought Kerbal Space Program because it was on sale - it's surprisingly challenging.

Before a month ago, I was GTA V for hours, and hours... hopeful I can fix the glitch and get back online to check out the new clubs opened up.

And when I really want to completely ignore everything and waste four days, I'll play Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (which I believe is the pinnacle of the franchise).

LOL I tried fortnite to see what the hype was all about. After getting killed within the first 30 seconds by a 8 year old every time I land I gave up.
    :):

I think for me, my days of FPS MP are over. GTA Online at least offers me something else to do besides getting my butt handed to me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This week I've gone back in time and dusted off Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed.

I just bought Kerbal Space Program because it was on sale - it's surprisingly challenging.

Before a month ago, I was GTA V for hours, and hours... hopeful I can fix the glitch and get back online to check out the new clubs opened up.

And when I really want to completely ignore everything and waste four days, I'll play Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword (which I believe is the pinnacle of the franchise).

:):

I think for me, my days of FPS MP are over. GTA Online at least offers me something else to do besides getting my butt handed to me.

I haven’t played need for speed in years! I miss that game. The clubs on gta are ok, I haven’t bought one but went in some random dudes the other night to check it out, seems like the mc club with a dance floor. I considered getting civilization because of my old addiction to age of empires, but with kids I’m not sure I’d have the time to get hooked on another game like that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 10 new exploration games of 2018

10. Shadow of the Colossus. (Remake of the original, PS4)
    9. Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire (RPG with elements of sea exploration. Feel of '90s RPGs)
    8. Far Cry 5 (Montana, feels natural and Montana-like.)
    7. Ni No Kuni 2 (JRPG, anime-style.)
    6. The Crew 2 (Driving game, mini version of the US)
    5. No Man's Sky NEXT (Chill space exploration, impossible to explore it all, vast scale, seamless space-to-planet transitions)
    4. Spiderman (It's Spiderman. Huge city to explore)
    3. Fallout 76 (West Virginia, heavy exploration elements.)
    2. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (Lot of culture/historical exploration)
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2 (It's a Rockstar game. In the west.)

[video=youtube_share;bzOAjs4f9ek]https://youtu.be/bzOAjs4f9ek[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven’t played need for speed in years! I miss that game. The clubs on gta are ok, I haven’t bought one but went in some random dudes the other night to check it out, seems like the mc club with a dance floor. I considered getting civilization because of my old addiction to age of empires, but with kids I’m not sure I’d have the time to get hooked on another game like that.

Oooo, clubs? Is that Online only, or can you do it in normal single player? I like games with management sort of mechanics... that sounds like it could be interesting.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here it comes... the "Games as a service"... This is going to be pretty huge. $15 a month (or $100 a year), all games, even brand new ones. These types of services need new content constantly, so expect a heavy investment into 3rd party development.

Origin Access Premier is live

Origin Access Premier, the upgraded version of Origin Access announced by Electronic Arts at E3, is now live. For $15 per month or $100 per year, subscribers will have full, unlimited access to all of EA's games on Origin and "numerous titles from other publishers," plus DLC and in-game bonuses, and early access to upcoming big-budget releases.

"Origin Access Premier offers players a wealth of content, including all of EA’s PC games and numerous titles from other publishers in a single membership," Player Network senior vice president Michael Blank. "As our first-ever subscription service with full access to newly-released EA games, we’re offering players more freedom to play the games they want, anytime they want."

Also offering a "Basic" version for $5 per month or $30 per year, slightly smaller collection of games.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oooo, clubs? Is that Online only, or can you do it in normal single player? I like games with management sort of mechanics... that sounds like it could be interesting.

Online only. Not sure when the last time you played gta v is, but they have motorcycle clubs, nightclubs, you can buy drug running businesses, buy a yacht, etc. Added all kinds of features since it came out, pretty cool really. Gets redundant after a while, but there’s so much you can do it makes it hard to not be my go to game when I’m tired of getting killed by 8 year olds in FPS games.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A brief look at Nintendo and Sega's risque advertisements in the past.

[video=youtube;pg4HH70_uW8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg4HH70_uW8[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This week's Gameranx wrap-up

1. New Cyberpunk 2077 info.
    2. Capcom says they will 'explore' possibility of more remakes and reboots.
    3. Parents hiring Fortnite coaches to help their kids improve.
    4. Random Steam game was secretly using gamers' computers to mine crypto.
    5. Spiderman game preview out.
    6. New COD Black Ops multiplayer trailer.
    7. God of War is fastest selling PlayStation exclusive since 1995.
    8. Spyro Reignited Trilogy only has first game on disc, other games will need to be downloaded.

[video=youtube;5Y2-3nlffyg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y2-3nlffyg[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New Super Bunny Hop video... this one is about the "video game bars" in Japan... and how licensing and copyright laws threaten them with ambiguous and rarely enforced policy.

[video=youtube_share;pyPW4g6H66w]https://youtu.be/pyPW4g6H66w[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going back a few topics to the eSports/Overwatch League/Professional gaming...

Another thing they're dealing with (or choosing not to deal with) is PEDs. These kids are hopped up on ****in' Adderall, and as of right now, they can't be barred from playing because it would be discriminatory and against some ADHD act or something.

You wonder how that person on the other team can flick that mouse at lightspeed and feather that hover like a pro... There's a reason for it. Some are good enough, others are taking it seriously enough to alter their brains for an edge.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Humorous look at the top 100 games being played on Steam.... "SpaceWar" is used with most Steamworks cracked games.

Thar be a lot of pirates. It's more likely DBFZ or No Man's Sky.

Wsqgqbl.png

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Humorous look at the top 100 games being played on Steam.... "SpaceWar" is used with most Steamworks cracked games.

Thar be a lot of pirates. It's more likely DBFZ or No Man's Sky.

Wsqgqbl.png

Wow, Warframe still in there at number 5. They've been around a while but keep on adding to the game.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 10 new Hack & Slash Games of 2018

10. Biomutant - Mascot platforming? First I've seen of it... Arcadey-Souls?
    9. Attack on Titan 2 - Anime game. Never knew there was an original released.
    8. Lost Soul Aside - Neat visuals, South Korean animator. Experiment that turned into a full-release.
    7. Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - 3rd-person mech combat.
    6. Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition - Port of the original. Zelda world in the "Warriors" theme.
    5. Monster Hunter World - I disagree that this is a hack & slash. Just released on PC, already on PS4. Good intro the Monster Hunter genre.
    4. Wizard of Legend - Dungeon-crawling Rogue-like. Strong combat mechanics.
    3. Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Mostly an FPS Melee game. Again, not really hack & slash. Fun... but I got more involved in the first one.
    2. Warriors Orochi 4 - Crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. No idea.
    1. Darksiders 3 - Big release for 2018, most likely. Takes place during first two games.

[video=youtube_share;zE6hIVXe7dk]https://youtu.be/zE6hIVXe7dk[/video]

Top Bottom