• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fine fine.

Now that’s not what I said. See. It’s obvious you don’t translate “elder” well.

I didn’t say I don’t use ad blockers at all. I’m talking about YouTube. I’ve used an ad blocker for years on my web browsers. I don’t care to talk about adblockers. There is near zero risk of malware being introduced on my phone using the spyware YouTube app to watch videos. I watch YouTube nearly 100% on mobile devices. Alas there isn’t an adblocker plugin for it that I’m aware of. YouTube “ads” are just videos, and are usually skippable after a few seconds.

so still nothing about the point? Whippersnapper. And you’re still on my lawn.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    We run is similar circles. Check out DeBoss Garage. He is fun to follow ane 805Roadking. there are a few more I can't think of at the moment.

We are playing in Youtube's house, their rules. It sucks. Some of the names that they have demonetized were great content with a lot of veiws

Roadkill is my #1 show, of any medium actually. Nothing on tv or cable is as good.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Felix Kjellberg (PewDiePie) talks today about being a content creator, the mindset behind it, and how it relates to happiness. Touches a little on the thought process behind why someone like Logan Paul would do what he did.

[video=youtube;2zHXp_gvL34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zHXp_gvL34[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I can't believe idiots actualy get followers and make money. I bet some of the bad firearm advice YouTube'ers are ingo members. In this age of technology a lot of people live their life watching other people live their lives. What a sad existence

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't believe idiots actualy get followers and make money. I bet some of the bad firearm advice YouTube'ers are ingo members. In this age of technology a lot of people live their life watching other people live their lives. What a sad existence

With the larger channels, this is a full-time job. They create content much like television shows. They have producers, editors, entire companies with a staff full of workers behind what they do.

The quality of some of the content on YouTube is even beyond what you would find on TV. A channel called "The Great War", for example... it covers the entirety of World War 1, week after week, in "real time". A ton of research and work is put into narrating it, producing it, and editing it into a suitable-length YouTube video that gets millions of views. It also serves the purpose of educating today's generations on all the nuances and details of World War 1 far beyond what they'd learn about it in school. I definitely learned more about it than I ever did before YouTube. But I'm also a big WW1/WW2 nerd.

Now, if you're talking about the "streamer" sorts of people on YouTube... the "Logan Paul" types that just walk around and try to be as outrageous as they can for the views... yeah, I can't get behind those. I don't get the appeal... I understand it... but I personally don't buy into it. It's embarrassing for them and everyone involved, and caters to the lowest common denominator.

But just offering a different viewpoint on "this age of technology" and the sort of content being produced.

For every nonsense channel out there, or camwhore... there's an amazingly educational firearm, history, or tech channel out there that does good things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think you may not understand youtube. It's not people watching other people live their lives. Well, I suppose there are channels like that--reality TV was popular for a reason. But to whatever extent there are channels like that, it's because there are enough people who want to see it. Youtube is a market of content. So there's a very wide variety of content from useful to entertaining to not so useful nor entertaining. There are a lot of firearms channels on Youtube. Some give bad advice, some don't. Just like people you come across in person. And just like the people you meet in person, you kinda figure out whose advice to stay away from.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With the larger channels, this is a full-time job. They create content much like television shows. They have producers, editors, entire companies with a staff full of workers behind what they do.

The quality of some of the content on YouTube is even beyond what you would find on TV. A channel called "The Great War", for example... it covers the entirety of World War 1, week after week, in "real time". A ton of research and work is put into narrating it, producing it, and editing it into a suitable-length YouTube video that gets millions of views. It also serves the purpose of educating today's generations on all the nuances and details of World War 1 far beyond what they'd learn about it in school. I definitely learned more about it than I ever did before YouTube. But I'm also a big WW1/WW2 nerd.

Now, if you're talking about the "streamer" sorts of people on YouTube... the "Logan Paul" types that just walk around and try to be as outrageous as they can for the views... yeah, I can't get behind those. I don't get the appeal... I understand it... but I personally don't buy into it. It's embarrassing for them and everyone involved, and caters to the lowest common denominator.

But just offering a different viewpoint on "this age of technology" and the sort of content being produced.

For every nonsense channel out there, or camwhore... there's an amazingly educational firearm, history, or tech channel out there that does good things.

It's amazing how many things you can learn how to do. I'm not a carpenter, or a wood worker, but I learned how to finish out my basement by myself and have it not look like ****. Especially how to trim out around bull-nose wall corners. Looks just as good as what the professionals did upstairs. But of course it took me a lot more time to do it than it takes professionals.

Stuff breaks. For just about everything that can break there's a video on what broke, why it broke, and how to fix it so it don't break so easy next time. And watching how things are done, you get an idea about the skill/time/effort needed to do a task. And sometimes you just decide to just call a professional to do it.

Top Bottom