• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Had to go out for a facility/safety team meeting at church this morning. Came home almost an hour ago and my 20yo boy says "yout back is going to hurt bad tonight after you shovel the driveway". I laughed and said naw, I'm just going to have a cold beer while you shovel the driveway. He got that angry deer in headlights look, but he is out there shoveling it now. Albeit he is probably cussing me out under his breath lol.

I can't rep ya but my thoughts were "For all the dads in the world"

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Had to go out for a facility/safety team meeting at church this morning. Came home almost an hour ago and my 20yo boy says "yout back is going to hurt bad tonight after you shovel the driveway". I laughed and said naw, I'm just going to have a cold beer while you shovel the driveway. He got that angry deer in headlights look, but he is out there shoveling it now. Albeit he is probably cussing me out under his breath lol.
    As I use to tell my "grown kids", you paying me room and board?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If he doesn't get all the cussing out of his system, send him my way and he can cuss you some more. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

If any of my boys had ever said anything like that to me..........................:lmfao:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from using the snowblower: about 4" in snow.
    Didn't have a snowshovel in the garage and had to go to the outbuilding to get one, and just grabbed the snowblower instead: lazy.
    Sadly, it was a workout to just use the snowblower.
    I'll maybe use the shovel for the evening clearing: maybe not.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    And 72 hours ago I was sitting on Clearwater Beach, it was 87. Been in Florida the last month.

Stinking responsibilities here in Indiana forcing me to come back. Too young and not enough money to retire, but it sure was fun to see what retirement could be like.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I shoveled a path from the garage to the street so I could get the mail, then shoveled the sidewalk from the driveway to the front door. Only about 4", but dang it's some heavy crap. I'm a morning person, so I'll hit it first thing after breakfast in the morning. I need to rest up. I have a football game to watch! :rockwoot:

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I'm enjoying the last of the warm weather I'll see for a while. Currently heading back to Indiana after a week long Caribbean cruise. Snow sucks. I need to be old enough to retire.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Just took my Yorkie sledding. Good news- heart rate off the charts, breathing ragged- still alive!

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Used the snowblower to clean off the driveway. Still coming down. Measured 5 inches here, just East of Kokomo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As posted up thread. No need to shovel or clear off anything today. A good fire in the stove. Had a snowmaggeddon breakfast for us and the kids. Been running the saws in the wood shop building shelves for the new closet. Spouse has yesterdays chili on the stove. Game time is looming and the chili is warming.
    Can't think how this day could be better.

Oh, and things are fairly quite on Ingo.....:):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    If he doesn't get all the cussing out of his system, send him my way and he can cuss you some more. :):

And....I got him outside shoveling again. My daughter has measured 6.5" so far (measured in 3 spots). I just informed the boy that I will be doing grandmas driveway after the Colts game. But, I will be using her rather larger snow blower. And since I am the facilities cochair at church, I volunteered his labor to help shovel and salt the walkways in the morning. He wasn't happy but dropped the issue after I asked if we should discuss a rental agreement...and if he made plans to go get his dinner.

When he actually moves out, I will be buying a snow blower. Until then I will enjoy this dance lol

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As posted up thread. No need to shovel or clear off anything today. A good fire in the stove. Had a snowmaggeddon breakfast for us and the kids. Been running the saws in the wood shop building shelves for the new closet. Spouse has yesterdays chili on the stove. Game time is looming and the chili is warming.
    Can't think how this day could be better.

Oh, and things are fairly quite on Ingo.....:):

Sounds like a heck of a day

Top Bottom