• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Fox Is Investigating Neil DeGrasse Tyson After Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct

Three women have accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior.

They had these boobies and I was all like...

giphy.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because the real police require physical evidence which can be traumatic to collect from a freshly minted assault victim so they go to those they trust; sadly it doesn't sound like they should have trusted those people either. I lived in OKC when one of the Gaylord family was accused of rape; by the end of the trial the young woman was portrayed as a willing whore (as female victims usually are - just the nature of the legal game). Even with compelling evidence - she had been on her cycle with a *ahem* feminine hygiene product in use that required a physician to extract when the young man had finished relocating it. There was not one single female on the OU Campus who missed the message and the lesson of the story.

That is definitely a bad outcome. It seems the most effective defense, other than proving it couldn’t have happened somehow, is slut-shaming, convincing a jury that it was consensual. It’s not astonishing that women don’t want to report rape because who would want to go through that? It’s easy enough to prove sex happened if there’s physical evidence. It’s hard to prove if it was or wasn’t consensual.

The alternative, “believe all women”, also makes bad outcomes, because some rape accusations are false. It looks to me like when women know that they’ll be believed just because they accuse someone, some will use false accusations as a weapon.

The feminists think that’s okay because they attribute every act of rape to men. They are group-guilty, and it is therefore socially just to condemn men even for being accused.

What might be a better outcome would be if there were negative consequences for falsely accusing women of being sluts, such that it would limit the use of that defense to when it is the correct defense. I don’t know how that could be done though.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Here is the article laying out the two, additional accusations:

Patheos: Two More Women Accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct
    https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosac...use-neil-degrasse-tyson-of-sexual-misconduct/

IMO, the only accusation that qualifies as a "sexual misconduct" accusation is the oldest, from grad school. But first, the other two:

He was looking for Pluto on her tattoo, at a party, and there are pictures:

PictureofNDTandKatelyn-1.png

I'll let the pictures' 1000 words explain why, IMO, this accusation as #MeToo fodder is a 1000 lbs of bovine scatology.

The second accusation is that Dr. drGrasse made a pass at the woman after she accepted an invitation into his home, and this is her description of the circumstances:

he invited his underling to his apartment at around 10:30 P.M. to “share a bottle of wine” and “unwind for a couple of hours.”

Um, hello, for the "Netflix and chill" generation, this is the oldies' "Netflix and chill" invitation to hook-up, booty call, have sex, shag,etc.

To be clear, accepting such an invitation (either version) is not consent for sex, but it sure as hell is not NO. To think that accepting such an invitation conveys anything except, "maybe, we'll see" by either party is utterly asinine.

The last and worst accusation (actually, the first both in order published and chronologically when it occurred) is an Cosby-esque drug rape alleged to have occurred in 1984, when both were students. The woman alleges the rape robbed her of her dreams of obtaining a degree in astrophysics on the way to becoming the first black woman astronaut. It so affected her that she dropped out, pursued spiritual astrology instead of astronomy, changed her name, etc. And, apparently told nobody about this assault for 26 years, when she did a public "ambush" accusation of Dr. deGrasse at a NOVA event in 2010.

Another blow to her credibility are the attendance records the publication uses to show that they attended at the same time, indicate that she continued to attend for EIGHT YEARS following the alleged attack. She also says that she was similarly raped by professors/students other than Dr. deGrasse during that time, but stayed silent on those as well.

I have no idea what actually happened, but this accusation by, IMO, a "crazy" woman that plays to the narrative of how her life went so far off the rails that she had envisioned carries little to no credibility for me, and I'm no Dr. deGrasse fan.

(Note: if deGrasse actually is/was another Cosby, not just figment of a delusion, then more woman will come out with similar, though more credible, stories)

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here is the article laying out the two, additional accusations:

Patheos: Two More Women Accuse Neil deGrasse Tyson of Sexual Misconduct
    https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nosac...use-neil-degrasse-tyson-of-sexual-misconduct/

IMO, the only accusation that qualifies as a "sexual misconduct" accusation is the oldest, from grad school. But first, the other two:

He was looking for Pluto on her tattoo, at a party, and there are pictures:

I'll let the pictures' 1000 words explain why, IMO, this accusation as #MeToo fodder is a 1000 lbs of bovine scatology.

The second accusation is that Dr. drGrasse made a pass at the woman after she accepted an invitation into his home, and this is her description of the circumstances:

Um, hello, for the "Netflix and chill" generation, this is the oldies' "Netflix and chill" invitation to hook-up, booty call, have sex, shag,etc.

To be clear, accepting such an invitation (either version) is not consent for sex, but it sure as hell is not NO. To think that accepting such an invitation conveys anything except, "maybe, we'll see" by either party is utterly asinine.

The last and worst accusation (actually, the first both in order published and chronologically when it occurred) is an Cosby-esque drug rape alleged to have occurred in 1984, when both were students. The woman alleges the rape robbed her of her dreams of obtaining a degree in astrophysics on the way to becoming the first black woman astronaut. It so affected her that she dropped out, pursued spiritual astrology instead of astronomy, changed her name, etc. And, apparently told nobody about this assault for 26 years, when she did a public "ambush" accusation of Dr. deGrasse at a NOVA event in 2010.

Another blow to her credibility are the attendance records the publication uses to show that they attended at the same time, indicate that she continued to attend for EIGHT YEARS following the alleged attack. She also says that she was similarly raped by professors/students other than Dr. deGrasse during that time, but stayed silent on those as well.

I have no idea what actually happened, but this accusation by, IMO, a "crazy" woman that plays to the narrative of how her life went so far off the rails that she had envisioned carries little to no credibility for me, and I'm no Dr. deGrasse fan.

(Note: if deGrasse actually is/was another Cosby, not just figment of a delusion, then more woman will come out with similar, though more credible, stories)

Not only more women, but they'll have some evidence. That's how they got Crosby. They had him on tape with one of the accuser's mother admitting that he gave her pills, and he later admitted during an interview that he had given women pills. I don't thing they had physical evidence along with that but they did have other evidence.

I think especially during this time of ideologues having a "by any means necessary" feminism, just because a codre of women accuse a man of some fame, doesn't mean the man was guilty. Need something more than just an accusation. Cosby earned his own demise by his horrible behavior towards women. But it wasn't just baseless accusations, just like Harvey Weinstein earned his.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I don't want to appear to be "defending" Dr. deGrasse' behavior as "stellar" or even appropriate, because I don't condone it. He appears to me to be "that guy" who let's his nether regions do the thinking for him at inappropriate times. It's not a "good look".

BUT, lumping this together as a fourth allegation of "sexual misconduct", or in some news stories, "sexual assault" is equally indefensible. Taken at face value, this anonymous, fourth accusation is that while drunk at a work-related holiday party, he made a pass at a woman and was turned down. Inappropriate because he is married and at a work-related function, which is never the equivalent of a pick-up bar.

Equating this to an allegation of drug-induced rape is preposterous, iMO. By my accounting, there has been exactly one allegation of sexual assault (with zero or near zero credibility). This latest might be categorized as alleged sexual harassment, had the woman been a fellow employee, but she wasn't, she was a guest at the party.

What this means in General on #MeToo:
    I see this as damaging to the #MeToo movement, which has been co-opted, and it's a shame. I applauded it when it started and was focused on men who prostituted their positions of power or prominence to force women to chose between their careers and sex. Or, worse, to remain quiet about outright rape.

This ain't that!

This is treating WOMEN as though they are weak little GIRLS who cannot use their words to stand up against the inappropriate and need to be "protected". We expect MEN, for example when pressured to do something unethical, immoral or illegal, to just say NO, and to say it in no uncertain terms. I'm at a loss to see how this is different unless those pushing this narrative view all WOMEN as weak little GIRLS.

And, that's pathetic and dis-empowering.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah they're definitely lumping a bunch of unlike things together, making it sound worse.

I think only one of the four have any weight of "illegality" to them. The others are just "bad time" sorts of situations.

It's not right, but maybe if "they" get a taste of their own unfair medicine, it will cause them to rethink the "believe all women" angle.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lena Dunham Blames the Patriarchy for Making Her Lie to Discredit Accuser

[video=youtube;eLcpf6xNzvY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLcpf6xNzvY[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't want to appear to be "defending" Dr. deGrasse' behavior as "stellar" or even appropriate, because I don't condone it. He appears to me to be "that guy" who let's his nether regions do the thinking for him at inappropriate times. It's not a "good look".

BUT, lumping this together as a fourth allegation of "sexual misconduct", or in some news stories, "sexual assault" is equally indefensible. Taken at face value, this anonymous, fourth accusation is that while drunk at a work-related holiday party, he made a pass at a woman and was turned down. Inappropriate because he is married and at a work-related function, which is never the equivalent of a pick-up bar.

Equating this to an allegation of drug-induced rape is preposterous, iMO. By my accounting, there has been exactly one allegation of sexual assault (with zero or near zero credibility). This latest might be categorized as alleged sexual harassment, had the woman been a fellow employee, but she wasn't, she was a guest at the party.

What this means in General on #MeToo:
    I see this as damaging to the #MeToo movement, which has been co-opted, and it's a shame. I applauded it when it started and was focused on men who prostituted their positions of power or prominence to force women to chose between their careers and sex. Or, worse, to remain quiet about outright rape.

This ain't that!

This is treating WOMEN as though they are weak little GIRLS who cannot use their words to stand up against the inappropriate and need to be "protected". We expect MEN, for example when pressured to do something unethical, immoral or illegal, to just say NO, and to say it in no uncertain terms. I'm at a loss to see how this is different unless those pushing this narrative view all WOMEN as weak little GIRLS.

And, that's pathetic and dis-empowering.

I’d like to see some corroboration They had that against Weinstein, Lauar, Cosby, and other high profile people. There is ine serious claim against Tyson that is unsubstantiated so far. The others are claims that he came onto them. While being ****ty, it’s not exactly “#metoo” worthy.

Top Bottom