• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I rarely complement a woman now. Just an innocuous little complement can be misconstrued as flirting or worse. Complements are reserved almost exclusively for my lovely wife...

In fact I now engage women differently, for example I might encourage about any man that lost a loved one with a back pat or shoulder touch in the right circumstances. Not touching a woman other than my wife and maybe friends as close as family.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Weinstein’s lawyer Donna Rotunno on #MeToo: “I feel that women may rue the day that all of this started when no one asks them out on a date, and no one holds the door open for them, and no one tells them that they look nice. The pendulum is swinging so far in the overly sensitive direction that men can’t really be men, and women can’t really be women.”

She's not wrong.

What a crock of crap! None of this has anyplace in the workplace, it's not a meet-market.

If you can't keep your **** in your pants at work, you should be sent packing because you (the general "you", not the specific you) are a moron... doubly so if you're in a position of power over womens' careers because you're a douch and a pathetic looser as well.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I rarely complement a woman now. Just an innocuous little complement can be misconstrued as flirting or worse. Complements are reserved almost exclusively for my lovely wife...

In fact I now engage women differently, for example I might encourage about any man that lost a loved one with a back pat or shoulder touch in the right circumstances. Not touching a woman other than my wife and maybe friends as close as family.

Mike, if you're talking about the workplace, then IMO, that's appropriate.

If you're talking about non-work, then I think you take things a little too far, though "overly" flattering a non-wife, as opposed to noticing a totally different hair style, for example, has always been thin ice. :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The show biz industry is not like any other workplace. It's not like producers and actresses punch a clock and have a fixed place to ply their trade. Every lunch, dinner, party, or interaction of any kind is potentially related to your profession.

This is not a defense of anyone, but I'm having a hard time believing that everyone who encountered Harvey was an unwilling participant or didn't look at it as a way to move forward in their career...which in my mind looks a lot like consent. Same for Coz. I don't know about any individual case that has been criminally charged, but what I have heard about the bigger names it all seems disgustingly complicit.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The show biz industry is not like any other workplace. It's not like producers and actresses punch a clock and have a fixed place to ply their trade. Every lunch, dinner, party, or interaction of any kind is potentially related to your profession.

This is not a defense of anyone, but I'm having a hard time believing that everyone who encountered Harvey was an unwilling participant or didn't look at it as a way to move forward in their career...which in my mind looks a lot like consent. Same for Coz. I don't know about any individual case that has been criminally charged, but what I have heard about the bigger names it all seems disgustingly complicit.

Hough, no disagreement here... there are always some people, men and women, willing to use any asset at their disposal to get where they want to be, even if it literally means prostituting themselves to do so.

I didn't follow your tie-in with Cosby? Were you referring to people who aided and abetted by knowingly giving him access to his victims? Or that some consented to being coma-raped? I'm genuinely confused - perhaps it's just my coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right. What she's saying in that quote, while true, is unrelated to the accusations against Weinstein... and really not a defense.

That seems to be the defense she's going with though. That this "sisterhood" of #metoo has made her client the scapegoat for the movement. It's not gonna work. But is probably about the only defense she can make.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I asked my son about all this as he's in the film business. He said Harvey will be back on his feet in no time because he's an earner, and the power of the movie business never gives up on an earner.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ???

FYI, he deleted and re-created this tweet 4 times. Coordinating with wife, I believe.

EPZSd7wXkAUBNRy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ???

FYI, he deleted and re-created this tweet 4 times. Coordinating with wife, I believe.

EPZSd7wXkAUBNRy

What allegations?
    Pretend some of us aren't on twitter.

Honestly don't know.
    I see "allegations", I assume "MeToo"

Seems to have something to do with George's Mom(?) saying his wife is a gold digger and has him *****-whipped

Throw it at a thread, see if it sticks?
    :dunno:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Faces up to 29 years and was taken into custody. He is done for.
    They can appeal all they want. His life is basically over.

And..... he is still facing charges in CA for the same thing.

Top Bottom