The Hellcat, Springfield's Hi(er)- capacity compact.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Untitled.jpg

Guntalk has a video out comparing this to the Sig P365.

[video=youtube_share;m0lW9wIz07o]https://youtu.be/m0lW9wIz07o[/video]

^^^
    How do they compare in size?

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Heard back from Vortex today and they said they have 2 red dots that would fit. I just looked on Gunbroker and don't see any Hellcats on there yet. Anyone know if they are in stores yet?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I for one am excited for the shields to be sold off cheap. I've been wanting one for a while now, but keep backing off. First good deal I see, I'll probably jump on since I can justify spending the extra couple hundred on a p365 not matter how much I want one.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I for one am excited for the shields to be sold off cheap. I've been wanting one for a while now, but keep backing off. First good deal I see, I'll probably jump on since I can justify spending the extra couple hundred on a p365 not matter how much I want one.

Midwest Gun Exchange has them for $289 right now. 9 and 40, with or without thumb safety.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Midwest Gun Exchange has them for $299 right now.

Oh boy, here I go! Time to buy a gift card so it doesn't show up on my bank statement. Haha

Just saw it's a brick and mortar shop.. cash will do. I'd like to see their inventory before driving out there. I'm not seeing it online.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Haven't been there in a minute, might stop by tomorrow

Yeah, I just bought one there today. $299.59 out the door. 2.0 Shield, no safety. Plus a complimentary hour of range time.

I can't see a downside to getting it for that. I handled the P365. I think I could like it but not $200 worth.

Plus, the Shield has been a proven firearm for me.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I handled the P365. I think I could like it but not $200 worth.

It isn't the cost of the gun that keeps me away, it's the cost of the mags. For a carry gun, I'm firmly in the "more mags = more better" and like to have at least 10 mags (A few for carry, many for practice and training). At the prices Sig wants for their mags (min $$30), that's a whole Shield worth of mags.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It isn't the cost of the gun that keeps me away, it's the cost of the mags. For a carry gun, I'm firmly in the "more mags = more better" and like to have at least 10 mags (A few for carry, many for practice and training). At the prices Sig wants for their mags (min $$30), that's a whole Shield worth of mags.

I'm thinking more along the lines of that 200 will buy you a decent holster and a case of ammo to get you acquainted and proficient with your carry gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm thinking more along the lines of that 200 will buy you a decent holster and a case of ammo to get you acquainted and proficient with your carry gun.

I have already order a holster and sights to match my 2.0 Compact. Ammo too. I'm going to like having two very similar guns in terms of grip, sights, trigger, manual of arms. I'll work on matching trigger pull weights too.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

If P365 mags were $60 each, I'd still pick it over the Shield. To have 13 rounds capacity over 9 rounds capacity in the same size gun is worth more than a few hundred dollars to me. I don't worry about a few hundred here and there when talking defensive tools to potentially save my life or the lives of my loved ones. It's not like magazines are consumables.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Looks to me like they are making their own style of Taurus G2c. That's not a bad thing the G2c is very handy pistol. I really dislike 10rd compact pistols they do not fit my hand well. G2c is about as small as I would want one. This will fill that roll well. It's also a Springfield and not a Taurus. So I'll expect more from it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mossberg got it right, when they built their gun to use Glock magazines.

The mag issue is huge and even Glock had a dumb-ass attack, designing their new models to use mags not compatible with their similar older models. :twocents:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Mossberg got it right, when they built their gun to use Glock magazines.

The mag issue is huge and even Glock had a dumb-ass attack, designing their new models to use mags not compatible with their similar older models. :twocents:
    That is one reason why I have no interest in the newer models. What I have works just fine.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I can't believe any company gets away using a shield sight anymore.

[video=youtube;0hGk4EUs4_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hGk4EUs4_c[/video]

The fact they think that's good enough for you to have on a life saving firearm tells me the engineers who built it don't know what they're doing.

Top Bottom