The Hellcat, Springfield's Hi(er)- capacity compact.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So they have now repented. Good to hear. Too bad these gun companies have to face backlash from their customers before figuring out the right thing to do. But that has been the case with a lot of them over the years.

I'm betting that almost every company that you have purchased from has, at one time or another, done something completely opposed to your political beliefs. It's just easier to thump one's chest and virtue signal with gun companies because of the nature of the gun market. You need transportation, groceries, financial services, etc. You don't really need the newest hotness on the gun scene. Very easy to proclaim what a patriot one is when there is no real effort involved.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    So if you liked a product from a company that openly stated that they put a great deal of money and influence into taking away our second amend rights you would happily buy their products thus giving them more support and capitol. Good for you and stand by your convictions.

Correct. I don’t let emotions dictate my decision making processes. Assuming said company has the best product, which it appears they do.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Excuses, excuses. Gives the gun grabbers fuel for their fire...

In case you missed it, Springfield has apparently made the changes we wanted them to make, which is kind of, just maybe, the entire point of a boycott. What purpose is served by continuing to punish them after they have corrected their bad behavior? None of any value to gun rights that I can see.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    In case you missed it, Springfield has apparently made the changes we wanted them to make, which is kind of, just maybe, the entire point of a boycott. What purpose is served by continuing to punish them after they have corrected their bad behavior? None of any value to gun rights that I can see.

Sort of ironic that they repented just in time for the marketing push of the new Hellcat.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Handled one today in a local gun shop. Feels a bit more "square" in the grip than my P365, but still feels good. Trigger is nice and crisp, though seems a tad heavier than my P365. I really like the sights, much easier to pick up quickly than the X-rays on the P365. (I've changed my X-rays to Trijicon HD on my P365s) The Hellcat feels a bit more substantial in hand than the P365, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Cold weather is moving in fast, so I'll be switching to belt carry with my P365xl or Shield .45 4" model. But I'm thinking that I'd rather have a Hellcat for pocket carry than my standard P365. Won't sell my P365, because I really like it, but I think it can live peacefully in my safe with a new Hellcat.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Bought one, shot it, sold it. Meh. Compared to my P365, less accurate, more recoil and not as ergonomic.

Might buy another P365 to alleviate my disappointment. :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought one, shot it, sold it. Meh. Compared to my P365, less accurate, more recoil and not as ergonomic.

Might buy another P365 to alleviate my disappointment. :):

That’s all I need to hear!
    Appreciate that input.
    I loved my Sig 365, but I wanted to safety for a pocket carry.
    I had one lined up to buy Saturday morning with a 10, 12 and 15 round magazine with a safety for $500, but a family member ended up grabbing it.
    I told him: no problem.
    I didn’t really need it, but
    I couldn't myself with all three different magazines.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was able to handle one at my LGS today. Felt pretty good. I'm comparing it to my XDs, because that is what I'm familiar with. The texture is a lot better than the blocks on my XDs. The trigger is pretty darn good, much like the 365XL I tried too. Comparing it width wise to my XDs, it's about the same. The sights were nice too.

I think I'll wait for the longer barrel version. Or wait and see how the new 15 Rd mags for the G48 work. Lots of choices out there now.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I'm betting that almost every company that you have purchased from has, at one time or another, done something completely opposed to your political beliefs. It's just easier to thump one's chest and virtue signal with gun companies because of the nature of the gun market. You need transportation, groceries, financial services, etc. You don't really need the newest hotness on the gun scene. Very easy to proclaim what a patriot one is when there is no real effort involved.

I love history. We can learn so much from it if we choose to. Over the last 30 years , I don't believe there has been a gun manufacturer that has not been boycotted for one reason or another. People tend to forget history. That is when we get in trouble. It is really sad when they start bad mouthing Trump or the NRA! Sure they have all made mistakes, but if they are not supported, take a close look at the alternatives.

Top Bottom