• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Yep. Looks like it’ll be a lot more expensive than I realized.

The other problem is trying to get other contractors to come out and talk to me too.

How many square feet you talking about adding?

Adding space can get expensive anymore, $100 Square foot pretty quickly. I am wanting to add about 600-700 Square feet on to my little 1100 Sq Ft house, and make my 2 1/2 car garage attached. The room addition isn't that much but it's all the other things to finish it...such as new HVAC at same time, moving electric meter, new kitchen cabinets and appliances(since that would be part of addition), flooring, new roof on it all, and new siding, windows, gutters. I bet with me doing most of the work(other than HVAC, Plumbing, Electric), I will still have 35K in it, maybe even more. Another 10K or more for HVAC and skilled guys.

But on a positive note, I bet it would add $60-70K or more in value. I have been waiting to do it until I pay off my house, but I may go ahead and do it soon since I need to do my roof and have new HVAC system put in anyway.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    How many square feet you talking about adding?

Adding space can get expensive anymore, $100 Square foot pretty quickly. I am wanting to add about 600-700 Square feet on to my little 1100 Sq Ft house, and make my 2 1/2 car garage attached. The room addition isn't that much but it's all the other things to finish it...such as new HVAC at same time, moving electric meter, new kitchen cabinets and appliances(since that would be part of addition), flooring, new roof on it all, and new siding, windows, gutters. I bet with me doing most of the work(other than HVAC, Plumbing, Electric), I will still have 35K in it, maybe even more. Another 10K or more for HVAC and skilled guys.

But on a positive note, I bet it would add $60-70K or more in value. I have been waiting to do it until I pay off my house, but I may go ahead and do it soon since I need to do my roof and have new HVAC system put in anyway.

400 square foot? Master bedroom with bath.

Had another idea about turning my 750 square foot attached garage into a couple bedrooms and a bath. And building an attached garage to the front of the house. Wife doesn’t think that would look good. Thinks all you’d see is garage and less house.

Another idea was to add a second story. But that’s probably too expensive.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    400 square foot? Master bedroom with bath.

Had another idea about turning my 750 square foot attached garage into a couple bedrooms and a bath. And building an attached garage to the front of the house. Wife doesn’t think that would look good. Thinks all you’d see is garage and less house.

Another idea was to add a second story. But that’s probably too expensive.
    Can you do a side load garage? They can be made to look like the rest of the house from the front.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom