• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Not exactly sure how to feel about this.

I bought one of the Hudson H9s when it was announced that they were going out of business. They were discounting them at the time and I got it for $650. I have shot it once and held onto it hoping it might be a gun in the future that increased in value (see Bren Ten). That has actually occurred in the 5 years since as now they regularly sell for $1000-$1400 on gunbroker. I was hoping this trend will continue.

Now DD releases their update version. I do not thin the DD H9 looks nearly as cool as the Hudson. In fact, I kinda think DD bastardized the design and made it look more like most all other striker fired guns on the market. I will pass on the DD H9....unless they cease production and I can pick one up for $650 :)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

I bought one of the Hudson H9s when it was announced that they were going out of business. They were discounting them at the time and I got it for $650. I have shot it once and held onto it hoping it might be a gun in the future that increased in value (see Bren Ten). That has actually occurred in the 5 years since as now they regularly sell for $1000-$1400 on gunbroker. I was hoping this trend will continue.

Now DD releases their update version. I do not thin the DD H9 looks nearly as cool as the Hudson. In fact, I kinda think DD bastardized the design and made it look more like most all other striker fired guns on the market. I will pass on the DD H9....unless they cease production and I can pick one up for $650 :)
    Colt did the same thing with their “new python”…and it hasn’t affected the value of “classic pythons”, and yes there’s a difference between new and classic pythons!

Just remember the old ones will say “Hudson” and the new ones will say “Daniel Defense”, so collectors will know and pay for classic vs modern

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :popcorn:

Looking forward to the HumbleMarksman videos comparing the H9 to the G19 and Sig320...

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I don’t know alot about H9…. Good looking pistol. Was there a problem with them or just poor marketing?
    They crashed and burned. Engineering/design issues, significant supplier issues and lack of funding sunk them. I was pulling for the original owners but just didn't work out....

I am not a buyer, yet, but I could be....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

If the DD H9 is a success, I would anticipate that the original H9s will hold their value or even outpace inflation as the market interest in them grows.

Heck, look at the price of a nice Gen 1 Glock 17....

1706309759181.png

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    FYI.. Range USA had a free 5 shot test fire on the H9 today so I took advantage of it (of course).. RSO told me don't waste the ammo and after 1 shot I agreed.. Trigger was crisp with a very short reset but at least 8# and probably closer to 9 or 10. Sad that they didn't re-engineer the trigger before reintroduction:noway:

Attachments

• H9.jpg
      H9.jpg
      882.7 KB · Views: 5
    Top Bottom