• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    They crashed and burned. Engineering/design issues, significant supplier issues and lack of funding sunk them. I was pulling for the original owners but just didn't work out....

I am not a buyer, yet, but I could be....
    I was going to buy the Hudson for my son in law, but it wasn't the gun it wanted to be.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    FYI.. Range USA had a free 5 shot test fire on the H9 today so I took advantage of it (of course).. RSO told me don't waste the ammo and after 1 shot I agreed.. Trigger was crisp with a very short reset but at least 8# and probably closer to 9 or 10. Sad that they didn't re-engineer the trigger before reintroduction:noway:
    That's disappointing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    FYI.. Range USA had a free 5 shot test fire on the H9 today so I took advantage of it (of course).. RSO told me don't waste the ammo and after 1 shot I agreed.. Trigger was crisp with a very short reset but at least 8# and probably closer to 9 or 10. Sad that they didn't re-engineer the trigger before reintroduction:noway:
    Dad called me today to tell me he shot one today. He wasn’t impressed.
    Not the early reviews I was hoping to hear. Colin Noir's video seemed promising...but he seems to have a lovefest with a lot of platforms.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like mine a lot. Shoots well. Trigger is in the 5lb range. All in all a well made Glock / Walther / Other competitor. View attachment 330144

The trigger was what turned dad off during the test fire. But you say 5lb and I have no reason to doubt that. I wonder if there is some gun to gun variability during the initial market launch. I think it is a nice looking pistol and if the trigger breaks and resets nicely one I would like to handle.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    The trigger was what turned dad off during the test fire. But you say 5lb and I have no reason to doubt that. I wonder if there is some gun to gun variability during the initial market launch. I think it is a nice looking pistol and if the trigger breaks and resets nicely one I would like to handle.
    As reported in multiple videos... after about 100 ads the trigger settles in. I bought 9 mags thru it and it's plenty smooth. The reset is minimal. Definitely a good working pistol.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I think that may indeed be the case. In the ASP Extra Shot Show video they tried two at the DD booth and one had a heavy trigger while the other was better.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Love the slim profile, 1911 grip, straight pull trigger, optics cut, and general look. Especially love that it doesn't take the damn Glock mag.

Not pleased to hear the trigger is underwhelming. At $1300 they are directly up against some really cutting edge 2011s, CZs, high optioned Berettas, and other excellent guns.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Im at 1300 rounds on mine. Its quickly become my favorite pistol to shoot. Im surprised to see so many negative reviews and general lack of interest. I understand at $1300 the barrier to entry is pretty high, and no, it doesnt necessarily do anything a $500 glock doesnt. But, its a different thing.

Mine has a WAY better trigger than my glock 19, certainly shoots flatter. And a metal frame? Cant speak highly enough of it. No key holing issues. ONE failure to chamber. And Im not sure it wasnt my fault. I may have not have the mag seated properly, this is all with NO cleaning. (I did add some lubrication around 1k rounds, not because i was having issues, it just felt like the right thing to do)

The only thing i hate is the adapter plates for optics. Foolish move on Daniels part, considering milling the slide anyway for RMR.

All in all, an EXCELLENT experience and I have another 1k rounds on the way, hoping it stays excellent for the long haul.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington

I see these reviews online and am in-between, “wow im so glad I got a good one” and “I dont understand the hate for this gun”

Maybe mine is an oddity?

Now at 2100 rounds. Only failure is the one mentioned above. I am not a DD fan. But this one, has earned its spot. I have never had another gun that I have shot this well. Its SO good. Its strange for me to see so many think so poorly of it. I think… it doesnt need to be 1300 dollars. However, Im glad i did spend it! I feel compelled to show others how good it is in real life. If other models come out with significant feature changes. I will probably buy another.

- this message brought to you by DANIEL DEFENSE.

FREEDOM. PASSION. PRECISION.

Top Bottom